AVA + Klipsch Heritage series?

BryanDJF

AVA + Klipsch Heritage series?
« on: 31 Jan 2022, 02:39 pm »
Anyone try the set 120 or set 400 (or any other AVA amps) with the Heresy IV or Forte IV? 

Komoyuki

Re: AVA + Klipsch Heritage series?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2022, 01:54 am »
I have a SET 400 amp and those Klipsch are in my target. I hope someone has try them. 8)

Merryvale92

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2022, 03:37 pm »
I just got the Set 120 and it is driving my 6-4.8 ohm speakers that are far less sensitive. I would think it would be plenty of power unless you really want to go to rock concert levels of listening.

avahifi

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2022, 07:33 pm »
The Klipsch speakers you mentioned are so efficient that you can drive them really loud from the headphone output of an old hand held transistor radio!

They are insignificant loads (99db sensitivity) for any of our amplifiers.  Actually you could probably drive them just fine from the headphone jack of any of our preamplifiers.

For these speakers  you need nothing bigger then our SET 120 amp and  you will love the musical improvements.

Frank

trebejo

« Reply #4 on: 2 Feb 2022, 08:18 pm »
Frank, I've always been curious about something, maybe you can help? A long time ago I read something in the Klipsch forum, supposedly Klipsch himself explained that he used high-efficiency drivers because they had lower distortion. Does that make sense?