Stratos is back (and have I sinned?)

aaron.luebke

Stratos is back (and have I sinned?)
« on: 30 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm »
Klaus got my Stratos dual mono back in record time - I whined a bit last fall about it not sounding as good as the Stratos stereo I had and the consesus was that it needed some bias TLC.

Well, I'll be using the Statos stereo as my sub amp - the dual mono sounds fantastic!  Thanks again, Klaus  :thumb:.

While it was gone I wondered and worried a bit about the temperature it put out - I have it in a cabinet and maybe 2 inches of clearance around all sides.  I found some dead quiet PC fans and wired them to some rat shack 12v wall warts - they don't go fast but the do move air and they are truly dead quiet - you've got to put them about 6" from your ear to hear anything from them.  I've got one on each side of the amp blowing at it.  I know we're all a bit fanatical about this stuff - anyone see an issue with using those fans?

George3

Re: Stratos is back (and have I sinned?)
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2011, 02:55 am »
I see no issue at all.... I have a dual mono, it also runs a bit hot and like you got myself a very quiet 12v fan. I hooked up a 7 volt, 400mA, wall wart to it and you might be able to hear the fan if you slap a stethoscope on it.  Just a slight air movement for my amp is enough to keep it cool.

aaron.luebke

« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2011, 11:37 am »
Update - these do work very well.  I have a Stratos single board just below the dual.  The dual is a bit warmer but not enough to concern me anymore.

If someone wants the details on what I did let me know and I'll post it.

laserboi

« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2011, 07:12 am »
Does anyone have Klaus' current phone number as I have lost it.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm »
(317) 299 5578

If you lose it again, it's in small print across the bottom of their home page.

Bryan