You achieve Nirvana

Mag

You achieve Nirvana
« on: 14 Aug 2018, 10:33 pm »
Let's say you achieve music Nirvana with your stereo set up in your room. You have the cash, what new piece of audio equipment do you buy now?

I guess you could buy more music.
Buy a bigger house with a bigger room and start all over again.
Work on a second or third system.
Other suggestions and ideas?

OzarkTom

Re: You achieve Nirvana
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2018, 10:49 pm »
If I liked where I lived, just add on a special large room with high vaulted ceilings, if I had the land. Any system will sound great in that room.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2018, 11:01 pm »
I not like a second system idea, what would do a nice complement is a planar headphone with a tube amp.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2018, 11:11 pm »
Let's say you achieve music Nirvana with your stereo set up in your room. You have the cash, what new piece of audio equipment do you buy now?

I guess you could buy more music.
Buy a bigger house with a bigger room and start all over again.
Work on a second or third system.
Other suggestions and ideas?

I'd start working on the aesthetics of the room.  Like: Can I recess the projector into the ceiling?  And the movie screen?  So they are not visible at all when not in use.  Can I move the equipment out of sight?  Can I get the cables neat and tucked away?  Can I get a nicer looking rack?  The room treatments - can I adapt them to look nicer in the room?  Should I repaint the room?  Etc....

I find having a nice, uncluttered, stylish room to listen in actually helps me enjoy the experience quite a bit. 

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2018, 11:55 pm »
Nirvana means a state of perfect happiness and peace where there is no desire. So, by definition, if one achieves audio nirvana, he wouldn't want or need to buy anything else. 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Aug 2018, 12:07 am »
Nirvana means a state of perfect happiness and peace where there is no desire. So, by definition, if one achieves audio nirvana, he wouldn't want or need to buy anything else.
For a while, until read the next SOTA list magazine.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Aug 2018, 12:12 am »
For a while, until read the next SOTA list magazine.

Comparison is the thief of joy.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2018, 10:54 am »
I'd start working on the aesthetics of the room.  Like: Can I recess the projector into the ceiling?  And the movie screen?  So they are not visible at all when not in use.  Can I move the equipment out of sight?  Can I get the cables neat and tucked away?  Can I get a nicer looking rack?  The room treatments - can I adapt them to look nicer in the room?  Should I repaint the room?  Etc....

I find having a nice, uncluttered, stylish room to listen in actually helps me enjoy the experience quite a bit.
A nice quiet mind helps too.

Nirvana is a state of being which transcends the need for external stimulation. You are complete unto yourself. When in touch with your inner god you will have no desire for sound. Your attention will be on the light --- but don't bring your brain into play. That thinking business smothers the light immediately. Look at it and it is gone. What fools we mortals be!