New Product Announcement - Lite 7

Gopher

New Product Announcement - Lite 7
« on: 10 Mar 2015, 09:00 pm »
We are pleased to announce the readiness of a new DAC in our lineup, the "Lite 7"

The Lite 7 is an evolution of our most successful design - The Big 7.  As the name suggests -  we decided to make the super addictive sound of big DHT triodes, in Single Ended mode, affordable to the wider group of audiophiles. 
To achieve the very ambitious target of almost halving the price - we stripped it down to the bare bones maintaining the same sound style and economizing on the same hardware platform.

This unit is solid state rectified and uses excellent, but not "boutique" parts to deliver a truly premium sonic quality.

Standard Lite 7 DAC:
•Output capacitors Jupiter AM series
•Tubes: Standard Psvane 101D, with provision to switch to 2A3, 6A3 or 300B or 45-245-345.
•Same Level 7 PCM DAC 384 kHz
•USB up to 32 bit/384 kHz
•DSD engine same as Big 7
RCA output pair
USB input socket
RCA-S/PDIF input

This DAC is better than it has a right to be at its introductory offering price of $5250.   Moreover it can be upgraded in the future to a full blown Big 7!
« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm by Gopher »

Tomy2Tone

Re: New Product Announcement - Lite 7
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2015, 01:32 am »
So is this in the price neighborhood of a big 5 or 6 depending on upgrades? I guess what makes this most appealing is the upgrade possibility to the big 7.

Look forward to hearing some impressions..

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2015, 02:25 am »
It is similarly priced to the L5 in stock configuration, but unlike the 5 NO options are offered.   In order to bring this DAC to this price point it must be in one, fabulous sounding, configuration only. 

I should emphasize our DSD module is included in this!

Gopher

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2015, 12:36 pm »

A pic of the new Lite 7 in action.    :thumb:

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2015, 03:38 pm »
For those of you who don't know, Jupiter AM series is also known as the Red Astron series popular in guitar amplification:

Best,
Anand.

g12314

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2015, 09:56 pm »
Will you be attending the 2015 Axpona show?  If so, any chance this piece will be present for audition ?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Gopher

« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2015, 01:20 pm »
Will you be attending the 2015 Axpona show?  If so, any chance this piece will be present for audition ?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

We will indeed be at AXPONA with three seperate demonstrations.   We had planned on having a Golden Gate (Higgins room in lobby), Big 7 (room 504) and an L4 (headphone table) at AXPONA, but I will see about the possibility of lugging a lite 7 as well.

I can tell you from first hand experience, there's nothing light about it.   Its one serious unit with performance far exceeding its intro pricing.

g12314

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2015, 02:41 pm »
Thanks for the response.  Even if the Lite 7 doesnt make it, I look forward to hearing its big brother and discussing the Lite 7 with you.

Thanks,
Jimmy.

wisnon

« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2015, 04:23 pm »
Hi Jimmy,

We will indeed be at AXPONA with three seperate demonstrations.   We had planned on having a Golden Gate (Higgins room in lobby), Big 7 (room 504) and an L4 (headphone table) at AXPONA, but I will see about the possibility of lugging a lite 7 as well.

I can tell you from first hand experience, there's nothing light about it.   Its one serious unit with performance far exceeding its intro pricing.

Yes, I hear good things about the Lite 7!

advanced101

« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2015, 04:47 pm »
I noticed in another thread that someone mentioned possibility of ordering the L7 as a DSD only DAC?  If this was an option what would be the price difference and could you upgrade the DSD module to the 256?

bmoura

« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2015, 11:15 am »
I noticed in another thread that someone mentioned possibility of ordering the L7 as a DSD only DAC?  If this was an option what would be the price difference and could you upgrade the DSD module to the 256?

Check the Big 7 price list under "DSD Section".  It says you save 750 Euros ($839 US) by skipping the PCM section on the Big 7 and ordering it as a DSD only DAC.
http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/BIG_7.html

Robin Hood

« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2015, 08:02 pm »
Check the Big 7 price list under "DSD Section".  It says you save 750 Euros ($839 US) by skipping the PCM section on the Big 7 and ordering it as a DSD only DAC.
http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/BIG_7.html

What are the differences between the Lampizator DSD DAC at $3400 vs. a Lite 7 DSD Only DAC at $4366 ($5205-$839), other than the price difference of $966?

sfox7076

« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2015, 08:12 pm »
Directly heated triode vs indirectly heated triodes, tube rectification (DSD Dac has a tube rectifier), caps, etc.  I also don't know if they do a Lite 7 DSD only.

advanced101

« Reply #13 on: 27 May 2015, 07:07 pm »
I haven't heard anything on the availability of a DSD only L7, but did notice they offer it as a balanced model, kudos.  They must have just added it to the web-site.  The web-site configuration forms also look a bit different, for the better.  Under the Big7 Order form they lay out what is included.

http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/TRUE_BALANCED_DSD_DAC.html

Gopher

« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2015, 07:14 pm »
Hi,

As noted above we can build a Big 7 or Golden Gate for DSD only and there would be a discount.  A few people have requested in those instances they opted for the DSD256 module. 

Yes, balanced just became available on our DHT DACs.  The first one shipped to the States just last week and I have another one coming in to a customer Friday or Monday.  We should start seeing some Balanced feedback soon, but by all accounts I have heard it is phenominal.

Fred