Lampi BIG 7

worldcat

Lampi BIG 7
« on: 25 May 2014, 01:03 pm »
Love to know how this dac sounds.  I like to know other dacs people have had and compared it too.  I know few people that have them have had PS Audio Direct stream, ect dacs that have compared with the Big 7.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2014, 10:50 pm by worldcat »

zoltm2001

Re: Lampi BIG 7
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2014, 03:02 am »
Me too, want to know more about this mysterious DAC. Compare against giant like DCS would be lovely.

Gopher

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2014, 03:50 pm »
There is a lengthy thread on Audiogon with comparisons of the Big 6 with other popular high end DACs which you might find interesting...  Just know the Big 7 is significantly better.

shahed

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2014, 03:57 pm »
How about  level7? How much better big 7 is compare to level 7?

wisnon

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2014, 08:06 am »

wisnon

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2014, 12:24 pm »
DSD Dire and DSD Cap literally means what they say. It only applies to L7 with Volume Control option. DSD Cap is the default state, for when you want to change volume levels. DSD DIRE is a capless purist option he threw in to show what is possible with only a single cap in the entire pathway. It may have more ultrasonic "noise" but at least the listener can know what near 100% signal purity is like. The caveat is that you first set the desired volume level for critical listening and then select DSD DIRE so as to avoid possible clicks/pops.

wisnon

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2014, 09:49 pm »
AL's review from CA:

AS i have had my B7 for about 4 or 5 days now going 12 hours at 6 and 6 at a time . the pcm is as good or better than my msb Platinum stack . as it plays i am in amazement . the presentation is awesome its like hearing your music all over again. my home cpu stinks . and the dsd was good but not giving the wow that the PCM has. so i fired up my iMac and audirvana plus . i put on elvis 57 a dsd download . its only dsd 64 from analog . track 3 it has a simple clapping in left the channel . now clapping is a simple sound but so is a piano and most dacs stink at it this dac is giving me the texture of the hands as they clap. the only time i have heard this is with my msb. this may seem simple but its a milestone . this dac has given me my wow moment. i can hear into the recording so deep that gives me chills of realism . i now have my WOW moment.

thanks winson , rob and most of all lukasz for this device and at this price its an even better wow for me.
al
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2014, 12:22 pm by wisnon »

wisnon

Gopher

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jul 2014, 03:25 pm »
Wow!  I had missed that Newport Beach feedback.   Thank you, Norman!

Here is some more positive feedback trickling in from Newport Beach:  http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/01/newport-2014-mytek-mbl-kef-gingko-audio/   

Better late then never with these positive reviews!
« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2014, 06:15 pm by Gopher »