SP Technology Timepiece Mini....Comments/Reviews

Goosepond

• Virna!
Re: SP Technology Timepiece Mini....Comments/Reviews
« Reply #60 on: 3 Nov 2008, 12:58 am »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the invite. But I was kidding, really. And I'm afraid you're about 10 years too late to include my wife.  :green:

When I first discovered AC, for some reason I started reading the NY raves threads and that's when I first ran across accounts of, I believe, the SP Tech Timepiece speakers. One thing led to another and here I am with my system.

AC is definitely a good place to "hang out", even if its just on the Internet.

Gene

topround

« Reply #61 on: 3 Nov 2008, 01:01 am »
Well the invite stands if you want to change your mind
it's one big happy family

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #62 on: 3 Nov 2008, 01:05 am »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the invite. But I was kidding, really. And I'm afraid you're about 10 years too late to include my wife.  :green:

When I first discovered AC, for some reason I started reading the NY raves threads and that's when I first ran across accounts of, I believe, the SP Tech Timepiece speakers. One thing led to another and here I am with my system.

AC is definitely a good place to "hang out", even if its just on the Internet.

Gene

I agree that AC is a nice place to hang out and pick the minds of those who have heard first hand gear that you might be interested in but it's the little audio gatherings around the USA that AC has fostered  that really makes things happen. There's no replacement for actually hearing audio gear in numerous setups. If it weren't for the RAVEs, and Chris/Lonewolf, I never would have had the opportunity to listen to the Mini's and be blown away from the Timepieces. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Big Red Machine

« Reply #63 on: 3 Nov 2008, 01:57 am »
Who'd like to lend a pair of of small SP Techs for a GTG here in Michigan?  If I could get a pair scheduled, I'd have a GTG because we haven't had one in like, forever, it seems!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #64 on: 21 Dec 2008, 02:24 pm »
Well ...after a close to six month tour, my SP Tech Mini's have returned home in fine shape. I'd like to thank all the Ravers involved for posting their comments, and for taking great care with the speakers...their looking good and sounding great !! :D

Thanks again.... :thumb:

Chris

Christof

« Reply #65 on: 22 Dec 2008, 12:59 am »
Mike...
The SpTech Minis are perhaps one of the most linear speakers I have ever heard. And nothing is covered and everything is exposed. Exposed, you say and I say the minis play some of the most real, live sounding instruments I have ever heard with my ears. While my ears are getting a treat playing some Grateful Dawg, Jerry Garcia and David Grisman, my eyes are going buggy from the realistic pluck of the mandolin/guitar. The leading edge of the Mandolin leading to the depth of the rest of the note, something which is a nuance but has gone amiss with my Merlins. HEaven in some solid, tank like well built, over built creations from someone who could only be a mad scientist of sorts. His name is common enough, but his effort/ knowledge, near heroic.

All players in the Sp Tech line up that I have heard, which includes everything but the Mini to date, do string instruments more realistic than any other speaker I've heard.  A good quick chop by David Grisman on his mando will make you jump right out of your shoes :thumb:

orientalexpress

« Reply #66 on: 22 Dec 2008, 05:00 pm »
sp tech is the real deal.u right when i  play Rodrigo Gabriela ,i feel i'm in that guitar.:)

lapsan