New York Audio Show 2019 NOV 8,9,10

mgsboedmisodpc2

New York Audio Show 2019 NOV 8,9,10
« on: 9 Nov 2019, 09:47 pm »
Just found out about show. May go Sunday its last day.  Has anyone gone and if so what did you think of  floor 6 and 7?
https://www.chestergroup.org/newyorkaudioshow/2019/brands-and-exhibitors

SET Man

Re: New York Audio Show 2019 NOV 8,9,10
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2019, 04:48 am »
Hey!

I went to the show today. There were some interesting stuffs. Anyway, I can post a some comments about the show but I don't see a NY Audio Show 2019 thread on the "Shows and Events" circle. And where to post a request for it? Am I missing something here?

Buddy

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2019, 10:30 pm »
Hey!

So, I post a request for the show thread in the "Request for Help" circle but still no official show thread in the "Audio Shows and Events"

Well, I haven't been to NY Audio since 2015 and this year was a small show. It seems to gotten smaller since 2015. But it was good to see some people that I haven't seen for a while.

I have to say that the weirdest experience was in Polk room. And I do like the Voxativ room and the BIG horns in ESD was impressive to look at but underwhelming sound wise overall.... good thing I can't afford that system!  :lol:

Anyway, if anyone interested, here's a link to pics I took from the show.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJmU8FJ

Buddy

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2019, 12:20 am »
Hey!

So, I post a request for the show thread in the "Request for Help" circle but still no official show thread in the "Audio Shows and Events"

Well, I haven't been to NY Audio since 2015 and this year was a small show. It seems to gotten smaller since 2015. But it was good to see some people that I haven't seen for a while.

I have to say that the weirdest experience was in Polk room. And I do like the Voxativ room and the BIG horns in ESD was impressive to look at but underwhelming sound wise overall.... good thing I can't afford that system!  :lol:

Buddy

Hi Buddy,
Great seeing you at the NY Audio Show! Love the pics!

Cheers,
Pete

Don_S

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2019, 12:36 am »
Hey!

I went to the show today. There were some interesting stuffs. Anyway, I can post a some comments about the show but I don't see a NY Audio Show 2019 thread on the "Shows and Events" circle. And where to post a request for it? Am I missing something here?

Buddy

Per the Circle: "Discuss shows and other audio events. Events will be added to the calendar and a thread created by posting in the Requests thread."

Except I cannot find the "Requests thread". It is used to request shows be added to the calendar. I have used that before and it worked.

Members can start a comments thread for any show they want. That is separate from the calendar post done by an Administrator.

Buddy, Thank you for the pictures.

ServerAdmin

« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2019, 02:16 am »
This circle is fine for show reports. Maybe it should just be merged with the old one.

If something's causing you concern, the best way to get something done about it is volunteer.

G.Michael

« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2019, 02:30 am »

Buddy, thanks for the pics.  Just what I was looking for.

SET Man

« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2019, 04:30 am »
Per the Circle: "Discuss shows and other audio events. Events will be added to the calendar and a thread created by posting in the Requests thread."

Except I cannot find the "Requests thread". It is used to request shows be added to the calendar. I have used that before and it worked.

Members can start a comments thread for any show they want. That is separate from the calendar post done by an Administrator.

Buddy, Thank you for the pictures.

This circle is fine for show reports. Maybe it should just be merged with the old one.

If something's causing you concern, the best way to get something done about it is volunteer.

Hey!

I remembered that you can start a request thread in the "Show.." circle but I don't see it now. Anyway, sorry if I missed anything and cause confusion and etc.

Hi Buddy,
Great seeing you at the NY Audio Show! Love the pics!

Cheers,
Pete

Pete it was great to see you and Vinnie at the show again. I didn't spend much time in the room, so I can't really say much about the sound. But nice looking system there.

As for the pic, it was dark in your room with dark speaker and that was a bit difficult to get good detail there and I didn't use a flash balance the light that day. Anyway, still, glad you like them.

Buddy, thanks for the pics.  Just what I was looking for.

You're welcome.

Buddy