FOCAL-JM LAB Profile 908 bookshelf speakers are on their way........

iclark

Wayner,
My ambition is to someday make a trip to Minnesota, not just to visit Frank and to pick up some AVA equipment. (I am lusting after some of the new Insight stuff), but to satisify my other passion, birdwatching. Minnesota gets a lot of Boreal species (northern) that are hard to come by in Ontario. If you thought audio was an expensive hobby, just take a look at the optics we birder's use. The cost of my binoculars (Leica) would get me a T8 with phono and remote and I would still have some money left over!
My wife is French Canadian from Montreal and is very understanding in regards to my audio and birding passion. Whenever I want to buy something, she says "if it makes you happy!"
I am very happy!

Ian

Wayner

Ian,

Looks like you need to upgrade your PAT-5 to Insight! Come on down, Oneinthepipe is coming (sometime I hope) and we'll all go out for pizza with Frank! (I wonder who will get stuck with that bill?)

:lol:

iclark

Wayner,
Thanks for the invite, I think I can convince my wife that we are going to Minnesota on a birding trip, and since we are in the area we should drop into AVA for a listen. By the way you said to "come on down". Actually it's "come on up". The Northern half of Minnesota is further north than Ottawa.

Ian

Wayner

Frank, Nate and I have the challenge. I just connected my new upgraded Insight 260ex to the Focals and put on Aaron Copland's "The Music of Americas" and turned the beast up, way up. Zowie! These things can reproduce bass, and image like crazy.......ummmmmm free pizza!

glenw

Wayner, I know it's been a few years... just wondering (1) if you're still enjoying your 908's and (2) how did your speakers compare to Nate's T5's?