Amps & Preamps- We CAN save you money.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Amps & Preamps- We CAN save you money.
« on: 5 Nov 2008, 01:31 pm »
I've had a few people tell me something like this, " I am looking at an (amp/preamp/etc..) that costs $4,000. Could you make me something similar for less?"

The answer was YES with every question.

I do not spend money on chrome plating, special trim, etc- things that can add hundreds of dollars to equipment. I place your money into quality components. Low overhead, good planning and good designs make competitive prices a reality.

We can save you money while not cutting corners on what counts to your ears. Only point to point wiring is used, with the exception of remote control modules.

Price quotes are free.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: Amps & Preamps- We CAN save you money.
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2008, 08:23 pm »
A one size fits all amplifier?

Some tools on how we can accomplish this WITHOUT sacrificing signal quality:

1. Variable negative feedback
2. Pre-Calibrated DC bias setting w/ auto tube equalization

Do you like an amp that's neutral, warm, aggressive, not so aggressive, bright, etc...? Our variable negative feedback system added with a tunable bias circuit delivers outstanding flexibility. The idea behind tunable biasing is to provide bias settings that change the mood of the tubes. For example, less bias will provide a warm tone while more bias voltage will provide a crisper tone. Also- the bias can be reduced at low volumes to reduce tube temperatures without sacrificing tone quality. It's the same as having thousands of dollars of amplifiers in one unit. The NS-100 has these options built in, but we can add them to any kind of amp you want.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
Re: Amps & Preamps- We CAN save you money.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2008, 01:25 am »
I have mentioned this in the past: A great way to save money is to let me use the transformers from an older amp that no longer sounds good, has problems, etc... Transformers are not cheap, especially the good ones! You can save a few hundred dollars with a good iron contribution.

It's something to think about....

Get that thing that's been sitting in the garage or basement for 20 years dusted off and do something with it.

Just so you know- it's often LESS EXPENSIVE to go this route rather than have an extensive rebuild of the original design.