Question for Silk Owners....

TKonrad.NOLA

Question for Silk Owners....
« on: 31 May 2020, 03:27 pm »
Do you secure your monitor to the speaker stand?  What do you use, if you do?  They are pretty substantial so not sure if I should worry about the bass making them wobble off the stand.  Thanks in advance.

thebrieze

Re: Question for Silk Owners....
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2020, 05:06 pm »
I use Sorbothane for mostly everything (except my floorstanders). Many years ago I bought a 12" x 12" x 1/4" sheet off ebay and it's been great for everything. It cuts easily with a knife into squares that can be used as footer for bookshelves or under feet of components. It's also naturally tacky, so provides great stability - monitors will "stick" to the stands, so they wont topple over, but you can easily peel them off when needed.

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2020, 05:47 pm »
I use Sorbothane for mostly everything (except my floorstanders). Many years ago I bought a 12" x 12" x 1/4" sheet off ebay and it's been great for everything. It cuts easily with a knife into squares that can be used as footer for bookshelves or under feet of components. It's also naturally tacky, so provides great stability - monitors will "stick" to the stands, so they wont topple over, but you can easily peel them off when needed.

Thanks.  will do some searching

Rich Carlson

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2020, 01:40 pm »
I use Blu-Tack.  I'm not sure it makes any difference to the sound, but it certainly keeps the speakers from sliding around like they can with felt pads. 

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2020, 02:10 pm »
Walmart sells "Fun Tack", a cheaper version of Blu-Tack. 

Saturn94

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2020, 02:46 pm »
I just use a piece of that non skid stuff you use under throw rugs.