Any plans for Olive Opus?

Canyoneagle

Any plans for Olive Opus?
« on: 27 Sep 2006, 01:00 am »
Hi Vinnie.
Are you planning to continue developing mods for the Opus and subsequent Olive products?
I like the battery format for my off-grid application, and would like to investigate an Olive (versus a Rega Planet or Naim CD5i).
Thanks!
Michael

jackthecat

Re: Any plans for Olive Opus?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2006, 04:38 am »
Vinny answered this question on the opus for me a litle while ago. Have cut and pasted it again here .
Cheers
Tony

Re: Help! Olive Symphony and FLAC files
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 01:22:58 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jackthecat on September 10, 2006, 02:43:49 am
Hi Vinnie
More Olive questions 
Can you explain why youre not doing any mods with the Opus? ...only the musica and symphony ?
And would you know if the olive brand is sold under some other name outside the US? I saw something looking very similar here in NZ but with a different brand name.
Thanks for your time.
Tony

Hi Tony,

Gordy is right on about Hifidelio....they made the same units (except for the Opus, which is only made by Olive).  Olive units are sold in North America. 

Regarding the Opus, I am not offering mods for it because is essentially a modded Symphony/Musica (modded with a Resolution Audio dac board and power supply) with a larger hard drive and new enclosure.  I convert to all battery power and have no interest in the Opus power supply, and I would convert the analog output stage back to that of the Symphony/Musica and then mod it my way (as detailed on my website), so the Resolution Audio dac would be wasted. 
As for the larger hard drive, you can use an external USB drive and get more storage for the money this way.  IMHO, it is a much better value to get a RWA modded Symphony or Musica.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2006, 12:36 pm »
I couldn't have said it better myself  :green:

Thanks, Tony.

All,

Stay tuned for a review of the RWA modded Olive Musica in the next issue of www.dagogo.com.  Larry Borden is the reviewer and compares it to the stock unit. 

Jeff Day of 6moons is still reviewing a RWA modded Olive for his next "Music Lovers" issue.

Sandy Greene is planning on doing a complete system review of the RWA modded Olive, Signature 30, and Omega Max Hemp speakers (on Audio Note stands). 

Also... I spoke with Olive and the new software Ver. 2.3 is coming out any day now.  It will allow for the use of a wireless PDA (e.g. Nokia 770), along with a revamped web broser interface to control your Olive (e.g. via a laptop or desktop) and other improvements.  I will install it once it is released and will report my findings...

Best regards,

Vinnie

Canyoneagle

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2006, 01:24 pm »
Thanks for the info!
Michael