My New Corvina &etc.

Merkel 2016

My New Corvina &etc.
« on: 5 Jan 2012, 03:42 pm »
Hello, I'm new here and probably will be a frequent lurker and infrequent poster, but I thought I'd give some kudos to RWA and Vinnie re my recent Corvina purchase.

Corvina. I'm still within the recommended 100-hour burn in period, but this unit already sounds great. Incidentally, I skipped the preliminaries and immediately rolled in an Amperex 7308 gold pin when I received the Corvina, which seemed like a decent starting place for tubes (plus the price of the Amperex was commensurate with the entry-level Corvina). Of note, with no music playing I cranked the Corvina's volume all the way up and got... absolute blackness through my LCD-2. Very exciting! And speaking of the LCD-2, I got the balanced version of the Corvina, and the unit has no problem driving the Audez'e HPs. All in all, this is looking like $1500 very well spent.

Vinnie. What can I say? Although I was purchasing at the very low end of RWA products, he promptly answered all questions, including an e-mail exchange on Christmas eve (I really didn't expect you to respond until you were back at work, Vinnie!). Needless to say, along with a good product this is what creates brand loyalty.

-- Mark H. (the Merkel handle is an upland bird hunter thing  :wink:)

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: My New Corvina &etc.
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2012, 07:14 pm »
Hi Mark,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the Red Wine Audio forum!

Thank you for your post - I really appreciate the feedback and the Covina + LCD2
is an amazing combo!  In time I hope to bring more exposure to the Corvina on Headfi.com -
and you picked a great tube to start with - nice!  8)

Happy Listening!

Vinnie