amp for salk ht3

kshoe

amp for salk ht3
« on: 15 Sep 2018, 12:55 am »
I am currently using a modified mccormack dna-1. I still don't think it is enough power. It seems I'm still lacking bass. Any suggestions? I would kind of like to try a Bat vk-200.

Big Red Machine

Re: amp for salk ht3
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2018, 01:52 am »
Go bigger. VK500 or 600. I'd go with Wyred4Sound or Merrill Veritas high powered monos as well. Those woofers love lots of power. A great speaker.

But to be sure, are you using your room placement to balance bass and upper frequencies?

kshoe

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2018, 02:24 am »
I meant to say vk500 where do i find one?

kshoe

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2018, 09:16 pm »
thanks for the amp suggestions. I do believe the bat 500 is sold but waiting to find out. Not sure about the 6200. is it just a 2 channel amp? and I'm not sold yet on Digital amps. Would one of the krells or levinson or maybe even a Rowland. I just don't know their particular models. I'm in central PA and it'd be nice for a pick-up but I know that is a long shot.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2018, 12:53 pm »
thanks for the amp suggestions. I do believe the bat 500 is sold but waiting to find out. Not sure about the 6200. is it just a 2 channel amp? and I'm not sold yet on Digital amps. Would one of the krells or levinson or maybe even a Rowland. I just don't know their particular models. I'm in central PA and it'd be nice for a pick-up but I know that is a long shot.

I would not pair a Krell with those speakers, I don't think it would be a good match.  BAT, Pass Labs, McIntosh would sound better.  The HT3's need just a bit of warmth IMHO.  Also consider, the new AVA SET 400, the SET 600 Mono Blocks or  the DVA 700 amp.  Frank Van Alstine had a pair of the HT3's as his  reference speakers.  They paired great with his gear.

https://avahifi.com/collections/power-amplifiers

kshoe

« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep 2018, 02:50 pm »
I am searching for a Mac also. for some reason I just don't seem interested in the VanAlstine. I'm not bashing. they're even in my price league. Mr. Salk made that suggestion also. thanks

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2018, 10:46 pm »
What preamp are you using?

kshoe

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2018, 10:11 am »
calypso