NuForce high-end support

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
NuForce high-end support
« on: 22 Jan 2015, 10:28 pm »
If you still haven't heard, the NuForce high-end products such as Reference *, P-9, P-20, ST-8.5, DAC-9 where they were classified as High-End product line, is now owned by NuPrime Audio, which will handle the support of existing customers.

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: NuForce high-end support
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2015, 10:31 pm »
What about my ido and HDP

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2015, 12:25 pm »
That would still be under NuForce/Optoma.
Those models are out of warranty.

By the way, I will give you a very good trade-in price (unbelievable) for upgrading to Celsus Companion One, check out the intro by HiFi+ this week.
Companion One works directly with iOS devices and others, also have better DAC, headphone amp than HDP. 

Tonbod

« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2015, 07:47 pm »
Not a high-end product I realize, but, the P8S, is it possible to convert one to HT bypass? (Even if you live in Germany?)

Tonbod

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2015, 09:09 pm »
I think I found the answer, the P8S was not provided with the HT bypass option, right? Perhaps shouldn't have put this on the high end thread, apologies..

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2015, 04:35 am »
It can be converted but need reprograming and too costly to ship to the factory in Taiwan.
Why not trade in for DAC-10

Tonbod

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2015, 11:59 am »
Just took a quick look, impressive machine with such a DAC and the P20 inspired pre-amp, tempting. I take it that it could be set up for HT bypass, didn't see this mentioned in the description?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2015, 12:33 pm »
Yes, there is HT bypass. Please go to the NuPrime circle.

studiotech

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jul 2015, 09:48 pm »
How about the MCP-18?  It's not listed on Optoma's website as a current product, so I fear I may be out of luck.  Less than one year old, so ought to be under warranty.

Greg Begland
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2015, 03:20 am by studiotech »

jk@home

« Reply #9 on: 6 Jul 2015, 11:35 am »
How about the MCP-18?  It's not listed on Optoma's website as a current product, so I fear I may be out of luck.  Less than one yeat old, so ought to be under warranty.

Greg Begland

What issues are you having with it? Just askin cause I own one too.

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jul 2015, 06:34 pm »
How about the MCP-18?  It's not listed on Optoma's website as a current product, so I fear I may be out of luck.  Less than one year old, so ought to be under warranty.

Greg Begland

Not sure what you might mean, but the MCP-18 is discontinued, but should still be supported by Optoma/NuFORCE support and service

studiotech

« Reply #11 on: 8 Jul 2015, 11:53 pm »
Not sure what you might mean, but the MCP-18 is discontinued, but should still be supported by Optoma/NuFORCE support and service

I received word back from Optoma today that my unit does not qualify for a repair return.  It is 2 weeks beyond the 1 year period and they claim there are not enough parts for non-warranty items.  I wrote back to say that was unacceptable, so we will see what response I get.

As far as the problem, JK, the balanced left output developed a slight buzz one day, but audio still passed.  The next day, audio was dead, but the buzz is still there.

jk@home

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2015, 01:32 am »
Thanks, I use the balanced outputs on mine also. No problems as of yet... :roll: When I bought mine from Audio Advisor, it came with a damaged remote. They had to steal one out of another box to replace it, after learning a replacement part wasn't available from the factory. So I kinda knew then what I was getting into (a disposable piece of equipment).

ralflar

« Reply #13 on: 9 Jul 2015, 02:21 am »
Well, isn’t that interesting, I bought my MCP-18 from AA as well, and the remote was missing! So now we know where it went! ;) Anyway, AA gave me a generous discount, I’m not complaining.

John Casler

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jul 2015, 03:59 am »
Those of you who might need a remote for your MCP-18s might check and see if they have any remotes for the AVP-18.

That remote controls "BOTH" AVP-18 and MCP-18 with different sections and buttons.  The AVP is at the top, and the MCP is the bottom.

jk@home

« Reply #15 on: 10 Jul 2015, 01:37 am »
Well, isn’t that interesting, I bought my MCP-18 from AA as well, and the remote was missing! So now we know where it went! ;) Anyway, AA gave me a generous discount, I’m not complaining.

LOL, sorry bout that. The original one came in the box, damaged (like something had been dropped on it), but worked. The remote codes could of been transferred to a learning universal (that what I did with this one). Maybe they still have that one laying around somewhere? Or do what John suggests.