Amplifier for Mini ?

roscoeiii

Re: Amplifier for Mini ?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Dec 2011, 08:53 pm »
Yeah, I wish the Cherrys were in my price range right now.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #21 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:13 pm »
This is all you will need. 2 for mono work great with the Mini's. Trust me  :thumb:

http://www.butleraudio.com/tdb2250.php

roscoeiii

« Reply #22 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:25 pm »
No doubt those would likely work great. Trick is finding something at a much lower price that would work...

Charles Xavier

« Reply #23 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:26 pm »
No doubt those would likely work great. Trick is finding something at a much lower price that would work...

They usually go for around 1400.00 used on Agon :thumb:

Ok I'll stop the teasing. Chris did that to me and I ended up buying the Butler. I had his for a few months before making the decision  :lol:

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:42 pm »
Hey, keep em coming. It'll be a great help if/when I have a higher budget or for future buyers/current owners who have a larger budget.

rms

« Reply #25 on: 20 Dec 2011, 03:03 am »
Give Tommy at DAC a call. You can get a DAC4800A at a nice price right now. I think he also has some demo model Cherry Jr's and Cherrys.  I use the 4800A with my Continuums and Minis and it sounds fantastic!

roscoeiii

« Reply #26 on: 20 Dec 2011, 03:11 am »
I got an email from Tommy, but not something I can afford at this time.

roscoeiii

« Reply #27 on: 29 Dec 2011, 01:03 am »
Well, amp auditions have begun and I think I got lucky with my first real try. After using some bridged Emotiva BPA-1s that weren't up to the speakers' demands, I tried out an Aragon 4004 that jackman brought down today. Probably shouldn't speak for other people, but heck I will anyway and jackman can correct me if he disagrees: We were both really impressed with the pairing. SP Minis became much more effortless, and my worries about the speakers being too bright or too bright with this amp melted away. Music was fuller, with better base and detail retrieval. And since jackman has left I have also addressed my other concern with these speakers: low level listening. Much much improved with the Aragon 4004. Many thanks to jackman for bringing it down. A good time was had by all (including the dog).

spence

« Reply #28 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:14 pm »
I'm going on 3 years with my Class D Channel Island amps. As I may have stated in another thread, they replaced a Pass Labs X250.5 without a hitch. They run about $1400 used for the D-200's, but I believe there's a 100 watt model that would be cheaper. They might work well with the Mini's. More power is always better though!

roscoeiii

« Reply #29 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:24 pm »
Beautiful finish on those Minis spence. I also read a great review of the MkII versions of those amps. I have always really liked CI Audio and Audio Alchemy stuff. 

Charles Xavier

« Reply #30 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:28 pm »
Beautiful finish on those Minis spence. I also read a great review of the MkII versions of those amps. I have always really liked CI Audio and Audio Alchemy stuff. 

Don't think they're Mini's. Looks like the next step up
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2011, 07:53 am by Charles Xavier »

jackman

« Reply #31 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:43 pm »
Feel free to speak for me!  Your system sounded excellent, those Mini's are inapropriately named, there was nothing mini about the sound you were getting. I understand why there are so many loyal owners of SP Tech speakers. They are something special both sonically and visually. 

Your system is very impressive and you have one of the nicest dogs I have ever met. She is an absolute sweetheart. Thanks again for the hospitality.

Jack

roscoeiii

« Reply #32 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:45 pm »
Yeah they did look a touch big...

roscoeiii

« Reply #33 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:48 pm »
OK folks you saw it here. I have been authorized to speak for jackman! Now the fun really begins. "Jackman says this..." jackman says that..." Oh the trouble I could start. 
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2011, 10:50 pm by roscoeiii »

spence

« Reply #34 on: 29 Dec 2011, 09:54 pm »
Yes, mine are 3.0's, but I was making more of a reference to the amps. I haven't heard the CI MK2's. I wonder if there's much difference?

roscoeiii

stlrman

« Reply #36 on: 30 Dec 2011, 12:41 am »
Spence, Your room/gear is stunning!! :thumb: Love the 3.0 in that maple!!
Todd