Meadowlark version 2

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Meadowlark version 2
« on: 1 Oct 2022, 02:37 pm »
The original Meadowlarks (1993-2005) were passive transmission line floor standers.  They were fine loudspeakers sold through retailers.  But now Pat McGinty is back with a different approach and taking his game up a couple of notches.  Active design with DSP crossovers, all Satori drivers, N-core amplifiers, 2-way monitors up to 3-way 4 driver floor standers, Dirac room correction, pushing the state of the art.  Prices start at $7,000 USD, sold direct. 

Take a look:  Meadowlarksings.com

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Meadowlark version 2
« Reply #1 on: 2 Oct 2022, 10:59 am »
I own a pair of Shearwater Hot Rods, marvelous speakers using Sanspeak drivers in a 1/4 wave transmission line enclosure.  2" thick baffle, 1" side walls, audiophile internal wiring.  Extended range, detailed, delightfully sweet, a little on the polite side.

I've been following the new Meadowlark Audio for some years now.  After some number of years in other fields Pat found that he could build speakers without compromise using new tech, instead of the best speakers at a certain price point he could build the best speakers period, fully active, no passive crossovers.  He was building a couple designs on consignment, looks like he's expanding.  All the best to Pat and his company, he was one of the true innovators in our hobby, he's been building speakers since he was a kid.

Ericus Rex

Re: Meadowlark version 2
« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2022, 12:57 pm »
Yep. Those look fantastic and I'm sure they sound fantastic too.  I'm a tube-a-holic and am not at the point where I can give all that up.

I still have, and love, both a pair of Shearwater Hot Rods (since new!) and a pair of Blue Heron 2.  The older Meadowlark stuff has been an absolute best buy on the used market for a decade now.