How do I diagnose a fault in DAC-10H ?

nandan

How do I diagnose a fault in DAC-10H ?
« on: 27 Oct 2021, 06:57 pm »
A few days ago my RaspberryPi (RopieeeXL) feeding my DAC-10H stopped working. Or rather, there was no sound to be heard. I checked all cables, as the RPi seemed to be fine, and Airplay reported no problems either, then, frustrated, let it be for a day. Today, it suddenly dawned on me that I had another DAC-10H lying around (a second unfinished music system... don't ask how long it's been pending!) and thought of hooking it up using all the same cables from the first one (XLR, power, USB) and hey presto - I have music again!

So I guess I am wondering if there is a way to reset or diagnose what might be wrong with the first DAC-10H as it had been working flawlessly ...

rustydoglim

Re: How do I diagnose a fault in DAC-10H ?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2021, 07:18 pm »
There is no firmware to reset.  If you have already powered off (unplug and wait 60 seconds) and on to reset it, then check for a loose connector. Other than that, you have to send it in for service.

nandan

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2021, 09:41 pm »
Thank you, I will swap it out and test again. Does it matter that it's got the TDSS treatment?

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2021, 12:59 am »
Has the fuse has been checked and was found to be working?

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2021, 10:23 am »
Thank you, I will swap it out and test again. Does it matter that it's got the TDSS treatment?

The TDSS treatment does not have active component.