Nuprime Stream-mini

giordy60

Nuprime Stream-mini
« on: 23 Sep 2021, 03:55 pm »
Please start a separate topic for Stream Mini.

:wink:

giordy60

Re: Nuprime Stream-mini
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2021, 03:56 pm »
Hi Jason
I saw that the stream-mini has no network input ....
is there a particular reason?

giordy60

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2021, 03:58 pm »

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2021, 07:19 pm »
To keep this high performance streamer at affordable price, there is no ethernet connection. Only wireless streaming is supported.
Please note that it has NO ANALOG output, it will turn your existing DAC into a streamer.

giordy60

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2021, 11:27 am »
Jason
I understand the simplicity of the wifi connection ....
but if I need to send the streaming over a wired network and get the signal to a specific computer (before) and converter (after) I have some difficulty in doing it in wifi.

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2021, 05:36 pm »
I think you were thinking about streaming from DLNA server.
Streamer converts streaming music from the cloud (ie via WiFI) into PCM format to the digital outputs, so what you described doesn't make sense to me.

If you are going to stream from home DLNA server to Stream Mini, a wired network can improve performance. But.... these days people have gigabit network and if you properly configure your home network (keep your music network within its own subnet), then your family Netflix streaming should not interfere with your hi-res music streaming.

giordy60

« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2021, 04:18 pm »
hi Jason
today i use a mac mini with roon and tidal
the mac is connected to the network with wiring and sends the signal in streaming to a server where the player that plays the music files (locally and in streaming) resides
the server only takes care of oversampling the files and sending them to another computer which sends them to the converter.
i wanted to delete the mac mini and use the mini-stream, here is the reason for my question.
however when the mini-stream is available I will definitely try it and understand how (and if possible) to integrate it into the system.
Thank you.

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2021, 07:27 pm »
Stream Mini is a receiver only (although it could be acting as a master in multi-room grouping, a special case).
DLNA servers (NAS, PC, Mac, Linux) , Windows iTune server, online music all streams to Stream Mini. 

Lukeb

« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2021, 09:15 pm »
Hi everyone, today I received a Stream mini and installed it on my ida8: I tested it on nuprime extension port, coaxial and optical, streaming Qobuz and Tidal Hi res files . Unfortunately I’ve been able to reach just 16 bit -44 kHz .
What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the support

Luca

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec 2021, 10:49 pm »
Tidal HD support is coming soon, in the process of being released to the Apple and Google app store.

giordy60

« Reply #10 on: 3 Dec 2021, 02:29 pm »
hi Jason
does the steam mini support (encode) MQA?

Lukeb

« Reply #11 on: 3 Dec 2021, 05:46 pm »
Tidal HD support is coming soon, in the process of being released to the Apple and Google app store.

Thanks a lot!

zenwangfr8train

« Reply #12 on: 4 Dec 2021, 06:41 pm »
will be good to have Tidal HD on the mini

giordy60

« Reply #13 on: 7 Dec 2021, 05:32 pm »
I think it is more correct to say MQA and not HD
even though MQA is the high resolution of tidal
however for completeness of information it is fair to say that in addition to the stream mini you need a dac that supports MQA