AMG STA LED filter adjustment

ThomasDK

AMG STA LED filter adjustment
« on: 17 Mar 2021, 09:55 am »
Hi, according to the review of the AMG STA by Christiaan Punter from hifi-advice, he commented on the very bright light from the LED.

Jason Lim responds "Thanks for your feedback. We will make an adjustment by adding a filter to the LED".

I am about to buy 2 AMG STA but I am very sensitive to bright lights.

So my question: Has this LED filter adjustment  been implemented in the latest production? Or how do I get two examples with this LED filter implementation?

BR Thomas

rustydoglim

Re: AMG STA LED filter adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2021, 04:21 pm »
The LED light is not the problem unless you stand on top of the AMG STA and stare at an angle into the LED hole!
That's what he meant.

The LED is mounted inside the cover below the hole, so from normal viewing angle you won't see any bright LED.
But reviewers are not normal people (I meant as a compliment), so obviously when viewing directly into the hole it will be too bright.

———————————
            |                               |
hole--->                                |   (only see reflected light from normal viewing angle, LED is placed below the hole)
            | o(led)                     |

Having said that in the review comment, now I am not sure if this is a problem and should be fixed. If we dim the LED, we might create a different problem.  See the illustration above.

ThomasDK

Re: AMG STA LED filter adjustment
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2021, 04:32 pm »
OK, thank you for answering.

I have two AMG STA demoes on the way, expect them tomorrow, so will see how it is.

BR Thomas