Dac 9 more outputs

Ola

Dac 9 more outputs
« on: 3 Feb 2021, 07:30 pm »
Hi!
I have a Nuprime Dac9 and wonder if I get the same voltage as the RCA outputs if I use a y split on output xlr to 2 RCA. From what I understand, voltage is output from XLR max output 8V and from RCA max output 4V. If so, what does such a y-split cable look like in the connection? I ask to be able to get 3 pairs of RCA instead of 2.

Ola

Re: Dac 9 more outputs
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2021, 12:45 pm »
Hey, no one to help me with my question about Y-split from the XLR output. Maybe I asked the question in the wrong circle. If I were, I'd be happy if someone could help me to the right place for my question. Thank you in advance

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2021, 02:59 pm »
The Y splitter is parallel so it will have same voltage on each leg, Same voltage made by the Dac9.
However, the current produced by the dac9 must be shared between both of the loads being driven.
This is where impedance comes in. Use an online parallel load calculator to make sure the source impedance of the dac is at least 5, preferably 10 or more times lower than the net load impedance. Most modern solid state output stages have <200 ohm output impedance, and most audio input jacks are >5000ohms, usually >10,000 and sometimes 47k or higher, so you should be ok. Just run the numbers to know for sure, or listen for loss of bass. Lookup the output impedance in dac9 published specs.

Ola

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2021, 10:17 am »
Thank you for answering my question.It was a little premium for me, though. I think I'll have to read some more about the foundations of electronics.
😊