MAC HC Sound Pipes (Power Cables)

NewBuyer

MAC HC Sound Pipes (Power Cables)
« on: 5 Feb 2007, 09:40 am »
I recently purchased two of these power cables and was so impressed, that I later purchased several more, replacing all my previous stock power cables with them.

Since installing these new power cables, my system has a more refined sound that is extremely pleasant and enjoyable. Voices and instruments are more separated with improved timbre, especially on acoustic and jazz recordings. The overall sense of space heard during a good recording is nicely enhanced, and it actually seems the entire system resolution is better. There is a feeling of less fatigue from longer listening sessions.

I am at a loss to explain how this could have resulted from installing these power cables. I have previously been greatly skeptical about power cable claims, and in fact I still remain skeptical about the vast majority of power cable claims. I have not done A/B comparisons with these MAC HC Sound Pipes beyond the first round of simply replacing my stock power cables with them, so I obviously cannot defend against anybody claiming placebo is responsible here. But I have to say that I am completely convinced that these new power cables have made these great improvements just described, the difference was immediately apparent to me. So I couldn't resist making a post here about them, hoping that others might benefit from my experience.

I might also mention that the build quality of these cables is excellent, and the person who makes them (Steve Hallick) has been "one of the good ones" to do business with. Here's a pic of this specific MAC HC Sound Pipe, taken from the MyAudioCables.com website. You can click on the pic, if you want to link to his site and check out his product lineup further. Highly recommended.  :thumb: