Poll

Would you attend?

Yes, with bells on!
8 (72.7%)
Maybe, if there is food.
2 (18.2%)
No way.
0 (0%)
I'm not attending, but if I were I might if he promised to shower and shave.
1 (9.1%)
Sorry, Pete wouldn't know good sound if it hit him over the head.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

GTG canceled.

Big Red Machine

GTG canceled.
« on: 3 Mar 2010, 01:44 pm »
I'm more than happy to host any and all out of town audiophools May 1 if I get enough interest.  I'm asking because I have to finish building one system and rebuild the other (I'm still Salk-less) and need some motivation to do so.

I'd like to bring together the names with the faces for those of us here who never get a chance to interact except through the keyboard.

I can keep a running list as we go along of those who express interest.
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2010, 05:42 pm by Big Red Machine »

divisionbell77

I have never attended one before.  Are they worth it?

MaxCast

Are they worth it?
Yep, Pete usually has a drawing for a new Audi every year  :wink:  just kidding.
I think it is worth it.  You get to meet some faces from AC and listen to different system or two or three.
Count me in, Pete.

Rich

carusoracer

Pete,

I'm 50/50 right now if I'm going, the date confilcts with another event.
It would be fun to visit if you are inclined to entertain. Maybe I can bring my HT3's  :weights: :lol:
I want to hear the Dodd 120's.
Cheers,

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
I'll be at AK fest, but I haven't decided whether it will just be for Saturday.  If you do get something together, I would probably stay over until Sunday.  Thanks for offering.

MaxCast

I'd like to hear the Dodds on HT-3's too  :D

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
It is pretty long distance for me, however I would like to meet everyone so if work doesnt get in the way I will try to make it. It would be great to visit at BRM

Will the HT4's be at AKfest?

Harrison

Big Red Machine

Will the HT4's be at AKfest?

Harrison

Guaranteed - Jim and Dennis will be finishing up the design soon I believe so the final, final version should be there. :bowdown:  Jim, Dennis - what say you?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Guaranteed - Jim and Dennis will be finishing up the design soon I believe so the final, final version should be there. :bowdown:  Jim, Dennis - what say you?

Well, assuming one of you will put in a wake-up call at 3:00 Saturday morning so I can make the 6:00 flight from Baltimore to Detroit, we should know by the end of the day just which HT4 Jim is going with.  And I sincerely doubt Jim will ban it from AK Fest.

Big Red Machine

Well, assuming one of you will put in a wake-up call at 3:00 Saturday morning so I can make the 6:00 flight from Baltimore to Detroit, we should know by the end of the day just which HT4 Jim is going with.  And I sincerely doubt Jim will ban it from AK Fest.

Do you need a ride?  I have zero on my schedule Saturday, which is a welcome change.

Kinger

Big Red Machine - How close is your house to the hotel?  I know 3 of us attending AKFest might be interested in coming.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Do you need a ride?  I have zero on my schedule Saturday, which is a welcome change.

Thanks very much--but I don't think you want to be up and out that early.  Anyhow, I got a great rate on a Toyota Camry with some really thick floor mats--they used to cost a lot more......hmmmm.  So I'm covered.  You'll be joining us, then?  I hope so.  The more ears, the better. 

Big Red Machine

Thanks very much--but I don't think you want to be up and out that early.  Anyhow, I got a great rate on a Toyota Camry with some really thick floor mats--they used to cost a lot more......hmmmm.  So I'm covered.  You'll be joining us, then?  I hope so.  The more ears, the better.
A.  I'm a morning person.  Up by 5:30 each day.  Who needs a rooster!?
B.  Wear a cup.
C.  I would love to, but figured you guys would be talking other business I don't need to invade on.  Although I do need a trip to Jim's soon.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
I would like to come, along with Dean Barnell, my assistant.

Besides,  great eats.   :D

Best regards,

Frank Van Alstine

Big Red Machine

You got it Frank and Dean.  Hey, Sinatra and Martin in da house!!

jd3s wife

JD3 and I have some tentative plans to meet one of his old friends; if that falls through we'd love to stop by for a bit!    :D

Big Red Machine

JD3 and I have some tentative plans to meet one of his old friends; if that falls through we'd love to stop by for a bit!    :D

Look us up during the day for a map.

jd3

Will do, Pete.  I'm sure we'll know where to find you!

MichiganMike

I live a couple hours to the North and am interested in joining in the fun.  Thanks.

Mike

Big Red Machine

Keep 'em coming....the more the merrier.