Ken's SoundScape 10's in crotch mahogany (with an added hint of red)

jsalk

Ken purchased a very early pair of HT3's back in 2005 and has been enjoying them ever since.  But now it was time to move up to SoundScape 10's.

Ken really liked crotch mahogany, so we found some nice pieces and went to work.  Here is a picture...

Here is a picture of a single speaker with the grills on...

Happy listening Ken!

- Jim

Nuance

Absolutely fantastic looking speakers!  I'm loving the veneer.  Ken, you made a great choice, and congrats on your new babies!

Big Red Machine

Ken's in the club! :drool:

Sailing the SS10 ship of dreams. :green:

Big Red Machine

Absolutely fantastic looking speakers!  I'm loving the veneer.  Ken, you made a great choice, and congrats on your new babies!

Hey, slow down.  Stop posting micro-seconds before me!

highfilter

Those are just beautiful. Welcome to the SoundScape club!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
They are beautiful!  In terms of overall beauty in aesthetic design, the SS10/12 win the prize.  But I won't add them to my choices to obsess over!  :green:

mr_bill

I think that is exactly what I would choose for a finish.

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Jim, what's the RR of a pair just like that?

tonyptony

Is this Ken in Westchester County, NY? If so - Hey Ken! Get these things burned in, say the word, and it'll be road-trip time! :thumb:

They are gorgeous!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
If my memory is right, I met Ken when I hosted a get together to show off my HT3's (back in early 2005).  I think Ken might have just ordered his and this was the first time he saw and heard HT3's.

Congrats on the upgrade Ken!   :thumb:

George

kschac

Thanks for posting Jim and thanks for the good wishes everyone.  These beauties have been in the works for a while now.  Unfortunately, I have been so swamped at work for the past few weeks (and now) that I have no time to even arrange for delivery of the SS 10's, which is massively frustrating.  But within the next couple of weeks, I will able to get them.  I cannot wait.

As Jim mentioned, I was an early Salk adopter and have loved listening to my HT-3's daily for the past 7 years.  I also have Salk surrounds and a center channel in my very modest separate HT system. 

The HT-3's are so good that I'm not quite sure how the SS-10's will be able to improve on them, but I hope to find out shortly.  I will post listening impressions and in-room photos once I have them.  I will also be posting a FS for my HT-3's once the SS-10's are here.

Best

Ken

Now -- back to work!

kschac

If my memory is right, I met Ken when I hosted a get together to show off my HT3's (back in early 2005).  I think Ken might have just ordered his and this was the first time he saw and heard HT3's.

Congrats on the upgrade Ken!   :thumb:

George
Yep  - good memory, George.  That was me and it was the audition at your house that introduced me to Jim and his incredible products and clinched my decision to buy the HT-3's.  So you get an assist on this one too.

Best

Ken

texas steve

Ken, I have HT3s as well, let me know the outcome, Jim may have to make another pair!!

K
Ken purchased a very early pair of HT3's back in 2005 and has been enjoying them ever since.  But now it was time to move up to SoundScape 10's.

Ken really liked crotch mahogany, so we found some nice pieces and went to work.  Here is a picture...

Here is a picture of a single speaker with the grills on...

Happy listening Ken!

- Jim

Austin08

Crotch mahogany is always my favorite. Very nice looking speaker, Ken. Congratulation.

Nuance

Hey, slow down.  Stop posting micro-seconds before me!
It must be the difference in our ages; I've still got a step or two on you. :lol:

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
very nice speakers Ken

Jim fantastic job

as another person soon to be going from HT3s to SS10s I'm looking forward to your insights

I know what I heard at RMAF, you are in for a real treat!

kschac

Hi everyone:

I thought I would (finally) post some photos of the Soundscape 10's in my listening room.  The press of work has kept me from spending too much time with the SS 10's but the bottom line is that they sound and look phenomenal.  I will post more detailed listening impressions soon but for now, I will just say that these are by far the most transparent, lucid speakers I have ever heard.  As noted above, I've owned HT-3's for about seven years and those are absolutely great in their own right, but, at the risk of slipping into audiophile cliches, the SS 10's just strip away a layer or two more than the HT-3's and reveal what's on the recording, good or bad.

Here are a few photos.  More thoughts to come.

djbnh

As noted above, I've owned HT-3's for about seven years and those are absolutely great in their own right, but, at the risk of slipping into audiophile cliches, the SS 10's just strip away a layer or two more than the HT-3's and reveal what's on the recording, good or bad.
I would hope they would at double the price of the HT-3s.

Wig

Beautiful! I would invest in some black cover to avoid sun fading with all of the light coming in

Wig :thumb:

bakufu

these are absolutely gorgeous. 

i'm not a salk owner, but everytime i see a post on someone's soundscape in X i know i'm in for a visual treat.

just outstanding woodwork, just outstanding.