Re: Everything Louder Than Everything Else!!!! The Metal Thread
« Reply #1201 on: 26 Aug 2023, 01:54 pm »

"Come An' Get It" Whitesnake (1981)

In Loving Memory of BERNIE MARSDEN.

FireGuy

« Reply #1202 on: 27 Aug 2023, 04:28 pm »
"What's your take on early Slayer albums?"

I've (for some reason) never been a huge Slayer fan.  I can't explain why except when I did listen here and there the songs just did not grab me.  I will say of their work Diabolus in musica (1998), it does capture some good songs.  Maybe I'm more dark and doom and melodeath person.  If Slayer meanders more toward this genre I'll buy in.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1203 on: 27 Aug 2023, 04:48 pm »
"What's your take on early Slayer albums?"

I've (for some reason) never been a huge Slayer fan.  I can't explain why except when I did listen here and there the songs just did not grab me.  I will say of their work Diabolus in musica (1998), it does capture some good songs.  Maybe I'm more dark and doom and melodeath person.  If Slayer meanders more toward this genre I'll buy in.

I'm the exactly same way and very much relieved, that not alone.I like some music from first 5 albums, but I guess not enough to commit, but I'm thinking about buying those albums, maybe music that doesn't grab me, will grow on me over the time.Those guys were seriously heavy, they influenced so many bands, that I listen to now.I even seen them live once, I didn't mind.

Anyway, you should give it a listen to that greek band Aetherian "At Storm's Edge" cd.Good melodic death metal music.

FireGuy

« Reply #1204 on: 28 Aug 2023, 01:15 am »
"Anyway, you should give it a listen to that greek band Aetherian "At Storm's Edge" cd.Good melodic death metal music."

Yes indeed.  I've really enjoy Aetherian and their newest album via your referral.  Also from Greece is Rotting Christ.  One of the finest black metal bands that envelopes you technically.

Also, I went and saw Jinjer a few nights ago and must say Tatiana live is sensational.  I will say the best lead of any band I've seen in my lifetime.  She is that good.  Her ability to switch from growls to cleans is incredibly on point.   Seriously, she is a work of metal art.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1205 on: 28 Aug 2023, 02:06 am »
"Anyway, you should give it a listen to that greek band Aetherian "At Storm's Edge" cd.Good melodic death metal music."

Yes indeed.  I've really enjoy Aetherian and their newest album via your referral.  Also from Greece is Rotting Christ.  One of the finest black metal bands that envelopes you technically.

Also, I went and saw Jinjer a few nights ago and must say Tatiana live is sensational.  I will say the best lead of any band I've seen in my lifetime.  She is that good.  Her ability to switch from growls to cleans is incredibly on point.   Seriously, she is a work of metal art.

I'm so happy, you went to see Jinjer, since you like them so much.I think my live events are over for me, chronic back pain is just too big.I've been on L.T.D. for last 4 years.I only have "A Dead Poem" by Rotting Christ and really enjoy it.Sakis Tolis guests on last Insomnium album, on "White Christ" song.
Do you still listen to classic metal, bands we grew up with?

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1206 on: 28 Aug 2023, 06:47 pm »

"Silent Waters" Amorphis (2007)

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1207 on: 28 Aug 2023, 07:57 pm »

"Lovedrive" Scorpions" (1979)

FireGuy

« Reply #1208 on: 28 Aug 2023, 09:49 pm »
"I'm so happy, you went to see Jinjer, since you like them so much.I think my live events are over for me, chronic back pain is just too big.I've been on L.T.D. for last 4 years.I only have "A Dead Poem" by Rotting Christ and really enjoy it.Sakis Tolis guests on last Insomnium album, on "White Christ" song.
Do you still listen to classic metal, bands we grew up with?"

Sorry to hear your live concert experiences have abated.  I'm lucky enough I suppose to gym now 4-5 days per week (with Jinjer and Infected Rains as my go-to set lists) so standing 3+ hours is quite doable.  No moshing though, never done that.  Yes, Insomnium's "White Christ" is freaken good.  Nice to see Sakis in there too.  I enjoy his "Among the Fires of Hell" LP.  Kinda straight forward, no new metal concepts here but excellent overall.  Queensryche and GWAR are coming here in October.  Heard GWAR is worth the ticket.  Saw Queensryche onboard Monster of Rock Cruise and considered them to be best band there during the four days.  Something to look forward to. 

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1209 on: 30 Aug 2023, 07:06 pm »

"Seasons In The Abyss" Slayer (1990)

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1210 on: 31 Aug 2023, 01:10 am »

"Touchdown" U.D.O. (2023)

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1211 on: 31 Aug 2023, 01:16 am »
"I'm so happy, you went to see Jinjer, since you like them so much.I think my live events are over for me, chronic back pain is just too big.I've been on L.T.D. for last 4 years.I only have "A Dead Poem" by Rotting Christ and really enjoy it.Sakis Tolis guests on last Insomnium album, on "White Christ" song.
Do you still listen to classic metal, bands we grew up with?"

Sorry to hear your live concert experiences have abated.  I'm lucky enough I suppose to gym now 4-5 days per week (with Jinjer and Infected Rains as my go-to set lists) so standing 3+ hours is quite doable.  No moshing though, never done that.  Yes, Insomnium's "White Christ" is freaken good.  Nice to see Sakis in there too.  I enjoy his "Among the Fires of Hell" LP.  Kinda straight forward, no new metal concepts here but excellent overall.  Queensryche and GWAR are coming here in October.  Heard GWAR is worth the ticket.  Saw Queensryche onboard Monster of Rock Cruise and considered them to be best band there during the four days.  Something to look forward to.

I miss gym, I miss live events, 28 years of working at the "Jurassic Park" factory can really fuck up your body and hearing.My former employer makes a beautiful building stone from the scratch, that looks like natural stone.

I bought new U.D.O. and finally 5 first Slayer albums.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1212 on: 31 Aug 2023, 02:43 am »

"South Of Heaven" Slayer (1988)

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1213 on: 31 Aug 2023, 03:32 am »

"The Adversary" Ihsahn (2006)

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #1214 on: 31 Aug 2023, 07:40 pm »

"Reign In Blood" Slayer (1986)