VMPS Inventory available

John Casler

VMPS Inventory available
« on: 22 Jan 2013, 11:35 pm »
UPDATED 6 20 2013

OK, finally it looks like we have some of the VMPS inventory available to VMPS'ers.

I have been deluged with posts, requests, PM's, calls, and all regarding WHAT is available and when.  As well many of you want to know what drivers are available for your current or older speakers.

Since Brian built unique speakers and many with unique drivers it has been and "is" a task to see if I can help any of you.

Many of the items are limited in supply and will not be replaceable.  A few are available from OEM's I am in touch with.

I will do my best to offer what is available on a "first come" first served basis, and since B's passing, I have been placing E-mails and PM's in a file to offer the early inquirers their "place in line".

You are welcome to e-mail me to make sure I have your inquiry. 

Some may think the prices high, and some may think them bargains, but in many cases these PARTS were not sold except in a built speaker, or with a return of the old part basis.  Also, I would like to maximize the return on this inventory for Brian's Widow and Children, so do know that your purchase also contributes to that.

So here is what we have:

JUST FOUND:  Review Pair of Rosewood RM-40 Speakers, with TRT CAPS and MLS Cabinet - $3500 (Pick up in Illinois) SOLD

Neopanels;  priced @ $179 each.  We have a limited number of Neopanel Drivers, which is the VERY UNIQUE driver Brian used and it is the HEART of the recent VMPS speakers.  When these are gone, they are gone.  While there were rumors of a couple companies making them, Brian checked them out (samples) and found they weren't even close.

6.5" Megawoofers w/40oz magnet: Priced $159 each.  These are even more limited, and were used in the following:  626R, LRC, Ribbon Dipole, RM-30, and RM v60 (bass base)

SPIRAL RIBBON TWEETERS = $49 each plus shipping

15 of the DYNA-RIBBONS  $39 plus shipping REDUCED

15" ULTRA- Passive Radiators - $115 retail  ($89 if purchased with SUB cabinet below) 

1 - 15" old style VMPS PRs  $39 each plus shipping    Vitrified Just Found

CABINETS:

1 - SINGLE RM50 prototype cabinet UNFINISHED (could be used for a CENTER CHANNEL) - $249

8 -Large Ribbon Center (Piano Black): Priced at $89 each OBO (These can also be used as Left/Right/Center Speakers) Excellent behind Acoustically Transparent Screens.

1 - Pr RM30 Cabinet B-Stock  (BLACK) - $349  (JUST FOUND)

1 left - B-STOCK LARGER SubWoofer (Oak): Priced at $199 due to scratches and scuffs ($179 each if you purchase both)

0  - B-STOCK LARGER Subwoofer (BLACK) Priced at $249 (some scratches) SOLD

0 pr - RM V60 wings (Maccassar Ebony); ALL RM v60s have been SOLD  (RM60 purchase gets priority for remaining neopanels)

1 pr - Dipole/Bipole Surround (BLACK) Fully Assembled = $1999

3 pr - Dipole/Bipole Surround (BLACK) Cabinets = $249 pr

All remaining inventory was transfered to a storage area and there may be more items as the contents are removed, but at this time THIS is all I am sure of.

I have not been told that there are any of the Series II CDWGs.

So, I will be contacting those of you who said you wanted some of these items.  Anyone else please e-mail me bioforce.inc@gte.net and let me know what you might be looking for, and I will place you in queue.  I will begin taking orders now.

« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 08:23 pm by John Casler »

Brax

Re: VMPS Inventory available
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2013, 11:54 pm »
John,

put me down for 2 Neo Panels if you have them when you get down to my name on the list. I posted on november 12 that I was interested. Send me the payment info and I'll send the money.

Hemy

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2013, 02:44 pm »
So does this mean that when the inventory is gone it's gone and VMPS will be no longer!?  :cry:

rbbert

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2013, 02:48 pm »
Which is the tweeter, Neo 1 or Neo 3?

http://www.fountek.net/products.asp?id=44

dubravko

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2013, 06:16 pm »
For V60, it should be a larger one, like Neo2.

rbbert

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:01 pm »
For V60, it should be a larger one, like Neo2.

From the appearance of my RM40, more like Neo3 I think.

rbbert

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:02 pm »
So does this mean that when the inventory is gone it's gone and VMPS will be no longer!?  :cry:

It's my understanding that VMPS has been "no longer" since Brian died.

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:11 pm »
Which is the tweeter, Neo 1 or Neo 3?

http://www.fountek.net/products.asp?id=44

Since I have not had one here in my system, I don't know.  It is LARGER/TALLER than the FST Tweeter.

Maybe Dave Housteau will drop in and tell us.  He has a pair and I am sure he knows.

dubravko

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2013, 08:38 pm »
This one was regular FST
http://www.aurumcantus.com/aurumcantus-tweeter/aluminum%20ribbon%20tweeter%20G2si.htm

As noted at RMV60 page tweeter is G3, so I guess it belongs to this family;
http://www.aurumcantus.com/aurumcantus-tweeter/aluminum%20ribbon%20tweeter%20G3.htm

If Dave measures the faceplate it will get us closer to the right one.

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jan 2013, 09:03 pm »
Hi All,

I am again deluged with responses so I am matching them up to the original e-mails.

PLEASE MAKE SURE AND "E-MAIL" me since I DO NOT have folders to coordinate PM's.

Thanks.

Housteau

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2013, 04:47 am »

As noted at RMV60 page tweeter is G3, so I guess it belongs to this family;
http://www.aurumcantus.com/aurumcantus-tweeter/aluminum%20ribbon%20tweeter%20G3.htm

If Dave measures the faceplate it will get us closer to the right one.

Yes, it sure looks like the G3.  The faceplate dimensions are 5 7/16" x 2 7/8".  However, these dimensions don't match exactly with any of them.  Unfortunately there is nothing written on the back of them that I can see.  I believe Brian may have gotten these from Parts Express and I know who he placed orders with over there.  I will contact him to check on this.

Housteau

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2013, 05:25 am »
OK.  On the Parts Express site the dimensions match up with the G3Si.

JerryD6

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2013, 03:04 pm »
Hi John,
   I emailed you at the 'bioforce' address above (for two neopanels) with my contact info.

This msg is just to make sure you get my request.

Thanks,
Jerry

Fmaxwell

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2013, 09:54 pm »
It's my understanding that VMPS has been "no longer" since Brian died.

Correct.  Brian did not have a protégé or an engineering partner who could carry on his work.  His widow did not want the VMPS brand that he worked so hard to build to be diluted, after acquisition, by some firm that shared nothing with Brian's engineering vision. 

So the VMPS name won't be another name under the Harman International Group umbrella (AKG®, Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson®. Lexicon®, Infinity®, etc.).  We won't be seeing a Lexus with a "VMPS Audio" speaker system to go with its Mark Levinson branded electronics.  And that's a good thing.

John Casler

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jan 2013, 11:38 pm »
Hi John,
   I emailed you at the 'bioforce' address above (for two neopanels) with my contact info.

This msg is just to make sure you get my request.

Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I am not seeing your e-mail.

Make sure you sent it to bioforce.inc@gte.net

I have received over 45 e-mails today so it seems to be working fine.

I am assuming you are using the name JERRY in the e-mail.

HI Jerry,

I found you.  You were alread in the "responded to" section.  Let me know if you didn't get your info.

John Casler

« Reply #15 on: 26 Jan 2013, 11:50 pm »
I have also located a handful of SPIRAL RIBBON TWEETERS = $49 each

JerryD6

« Reply #16 on: 27 Jan 2013, 05:45 pm »
Hi Jerry,

I am not seeing your e-mail.

Make sure you sent it to bioforce.inc@gte.net

I have received over 45 e-mails today so it seems to be working fine.

I am assuming you are using the name JERRY in the e-mail.

HI Jerry,

I found you.  You were alread in the "responded to" section.  Let me know if you didn't get your info.

Yes, I did get your email. Thanks.

Brax

« Reply #17 on: 28 Jan 2013, 03:41 am »
John,

I paid the invoice you sent, no hurry in sending out the panels as hopefully I will never need to use them. I purchased them for insurance.

I did just want to be sure these are Neo Panels that have been rebuilt. I had read some time ago that the original design was flawed and that Brian corrected that flaw before using them.

John Casler

« Reply #18 on: 28 Jan 2013, 06:10 am »
Yes, all panels are being modded by Brian's former shop foreman.

minnesotan

« Reply #19 on: 28 Jan 2013, 09:34 pm »
John, I am posting here and emailed some time ago to acquire Neo panels, mid-woofers, tweeters for the RM-V60.
Please keep me in the loop for purchase. Thanks!