Bryston now has a BIT

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston now has a BIT
« Reply #240 on: 21 May 2014, 04:56 pm »
James,

Any update on the 19" faceplate for BIT?     

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

There does not seem to be much demand for the 19 inch version so I do not think we will be offering that version in the near future.

james

scb

« Reply #241 on: 29 Oct 2014, 03:24 pm »
if anyone's in the market for a bit 20, i'm selling mine. located in New York City, would prefer to sell to US. would be even nicer if I didn't have to ship it, but I will if I have to...

have it posted in the for sale section and on audiogon

drummermitchell

« Reply #242 on: 29 Oct 2014, 11:28 pm »
scb, I seen that the other day,she looks well looked after.
I thought about it as my 1812 sub is plugged into my 60a Torus along with my 28's+7Bsst.
Seems fine as far as it draining the Torus(had that happen years ago)to many amps+subs in a 15a Torus,when I got a 20a Torus and split them up it was holy crap.
Any,back to your BIT 20a,as our Can dollar is .90c to the US dollar,we would lose another couple hundred and plus I believe the Credit card company adjusts the Can/US difference also,otherwise I might have BIT(no PUN).

Rod_S

« Reply #243 on: 30 Oct 2014, 12:18 pm »
Speaking of the BIT-20, I have a question. It's obviosuly a 20A product so to get the most out of it vs the BIT-15 or just using the 20->15 power cord one would need a 20A outlet. For the 28's, obviously the BIT-20 seems ideal for these amps however if one doesn't and can't rewire for 20A does that mean there is nothing gained by using the BIT-20 (and the 20->15 power cord) vs a BIT-15? The 28's are still at the end of the day 15A designed amps afterall, not 20A.

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #244 on: 30 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston BIT 15 Isolation Transformer

December 2014

Mr. Tanner,

I've been and Audio Amateur for almost 45 years, starting when I was 10 with my first PAS/Stereo 70 and Advent Large speakers.

I have to tell you that one of the most significant upgrades to any of my systems is the BIT-15. I have a Bryston loaded system that includes the BDA-1, BDP-2, 4B SST2 wrapped by ARC LS-27 and Sonus Faber Cremona M's.

I thought my system was complete once I introduced Cardas Clear XLR's and the music seemed in full bloom. 

After reading much about the BIT I hesitantly purchased the BIT-15 to replace what I thought was a fine mid level Furman. The BIT opened up and maximized the potential of system beyond belief. The new extended range of sound is truly amazing. You would thought a sub woofer was added in somewhere in the room.

I've been blown away and I just wanted to let you know how happy I am with your products.

Regards,
Bruce A. Hepner

Xinon

« Reply #245 on: 15 Jan 2016, 08:15 pm »
Ordered the BIT16 230V version for Norway, very exited to try it out.
Do you have any pictures or literature of the BIT 16 ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #246 on: 15 Jan 2016, 09:49 pm »
Ordered the BIT16 230V version for Norway, very exited to try it out.
Do you have any pictures or literature of the BIT 16 ?

Hi

Great!!! - will see if I can find a pic.

james

Xinon

« Reply #247 on: 16 Jan 2016, 02:11 pm »
Hi

Great!!! - will see if I can find a pic.

james

Thank you sir  :thumb:

Xinon

« Reply #248 on: 28 Jan 2016, 08:01 pm »
I will get the new front if I understood right.
Had to wait a little longer, but its worth it  :thumb:
You know if they are sending a Bit16 with the new front to Norway soon ?

doveman

« Reply #249 on: 28 Jan 2016, 11:55 pm »
I'm interested in a BIT, but I have two questions that I can't seem to work out.

Firstly, there seem to be two versions, one that just conditions the power, and one that conditions the power and also protects against surges and lightning strikes?, is this the case? Is this called series mode protection?

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/bryston-bit4-power-conditioner-with-australian-plugs

That is one I am looking at, does that provide power protection as well as conditioning?

And Secondly, I've heard conflicting things about the faceplates, I want a faceplate that matches my C style gear, but I've heard that some new BITs just have the plain flat face panel on the front, without the bevelled edge or groove, is this true? Specifically for the unit in the link above?

Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #250 on: 29 Jan 2016, 12:44 am »
I will get the new front if I understood right.
Had to wait a little longer, but its worth it  :thumb:
You know if they are sending a Bit16 with the new front to Norway soon ?

Hi

Email Melissa - she is the Export manager and she will know.

mmyles@bryston.com

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #251 on: 29 Jan 2016, 12:45 am »
I'm interested in a BIT, but I have two questions that I can't seem to work out.

Firstly, there seem to be two versions, one that just conditions the power, and one that conditions the power and also protects against surges and lightning strikes?, is this the case? Is this called series mode protection?

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/bryston-bit4-power-conditioner-with-australian-plugs

That is one I am looking at, does that provide power protection as well as conditioning?

And Secondly, I've heard conflicting things about the faceplates, I want a faceplate that matches my C style gear, but I've heard that some new BITs just have the plain flat face panel on the front, without the bevelled edge or groove, is this true? Specifically for the unit in the link above?

Thanks.

Hi

Yes that model has the isolation transformer as well as the surge protection but sorry those older faceplates are no longer available.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #252 on: 11 Apr 2016, 03:59 pm »
Hi Folks,

Just a heads up Torus has broken away from Plitron and is now a separate company.  We will still be able to offer our Bryston BIT isolation transformers through this new company and also add some extra versions (AVR 2).

BUT I have been informed that the prices will be going up about 10% in May.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #253 on: 11 Apr 2016, 08:59 pm »
Thanks for the update. I had read about the split on the Torus Facebook page I think sometime over the past week or so and wondered if there would be any impact. It's cool to see that you'll now have access to the AVR2 models.

I assume no change in your faceplate cosmetics? 10% increase isn't bad, certainly could have been a lot worse.

When can we expect updated price lists including the new AVR2 models?

Rod_S

« Reply #254 on: 11 Apr 2016, 09:05 pm »
Can you finally get your website updated appropriately? Either that or simply show a pic of the new faceplate design so people know what they are actually getting and rather than have a section for the 3 models you show now, get rid of that and simply provide links to all the appropriate Torus URLs for the products they make that you have models of. Either would be a lot more informative for people. For those simply browsing the internet and don't follow forums like these and don't have local dealers as far as they know you only make 3 models and they look completely different than what you actually sell.

tie_breaker

« Reply #255 on: 12 Apr 2016, 02:34 am »
I am interested in a BIT as well but am not sure what models/versions are currently available and what functionality each offers.  Can we get a list of the models with pricing please?
thx..

Rod_S

« Reply #256 on: 14 Apr 2016, 10:45 am »
James, would you be able to post an updated product and price sheet with the new AVR2 models?

So would the price increase on existing BIT models actually be more than 10%? I believe I remember reading you mentioning somewhere that perhaps all Bryston products were going up in price, did that happen yet and if so appx how much was increase? I'm not sure if the increase was for everyone or just for Canada though. I'm just trying to determine if a price jump is more like 20% or whatever the BIT 10% plus all Bryston product increase was/is.

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #257 on: 14 Apr 2016, 01:01 pm »
James, would you be able to post an updated product and price sheet with the new AVR2 models?

So would the price increase on existing BIT models actually be more than 10%? I believe I remember reading you mentioning somewhere that perhaps all Bryston products were going up in price, did that happen yet and if so appx how much was increase? I'm not sure if the increase was for everyone or just for Canada though. I'm just trying to determine if a price jump is more like 20% or whatever the BIT 10% plus all Bryston product increase was/is.

Thanks

Hi

Yes I will try and post the new prices. For instance I believe the BIT 15 is going from $2195 to $2495.

James
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2016, 04:16 pm by James Tanner »

Rod_S

« Reply #258 on: 14 Apr 2016, 04:09 pm »
Thanks James

I assume you meant the BIT 15, not 20, as I don't think I've ever seen a 20 MSRP that low, not even on the IS model.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #259 on: 14 Apr 2016, 04:16 pm »