How to connect a Myzic headphone amp to the B135 3

Moineau

• Une mer calme n’a jamais fait un bon marin.
Good Morning,
What is the best way to connect the MyZic headphone amp to a B135 3 (or is this possible).
My B135 3 does not have the option of a DAC or the MM pre-phono.

Thank you all.
André

Ron D

Re: How to connect a Myzic headphone amp to the B135 3
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2020, 06:22 pm »
I think you have 2 ways to do it:

1. Using the preamp outputs from the 135 into the inputs on your little amp. This way you are still controlling the amount of signal into your little amp via the volume control on the 135 so you will have to find the decent volume setting on the 135 and then adjust higher slowly on your separate amp.

2. Using the tape outputs on the 135. I think this might be a fixed output setting so the volume on the 135 would not matter. You would control the volume you listen at only via your headphone amp. Haven't had a tape deck in >25 years so I could be wrong with this option.

You have compared your amp to the one in the 135 and still prefer it?

Moineau

« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2020, 08:54 pm »
Good Afternoon Ron, and thanks you for your response,

To answer your last, I like the one included with the 135, although I can only use headphones with an impedance of greater than 50 ohms.

With the MyZic, I will have the option to use any headphone with impedance greater than 16 ohms.

I've just bought this little amp, used, to try something else and see if it makes any difference in sound before I venture in more expensive options like the BHA-1 or other in the same league.
I haven got it yet, still waiting for it. This is my first approach with a headphone amp, so not sure of how to install it, hence my question on this forum.

Your first option is, the pre-out post, this one I can see.
Your second option would be the tape-out, I'm familiar with this connection on my other integrated for the 70s. On the Bryston I see the option of, record-out, is this the same as tape-out?

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to make any mistakes with this new integrated wich is quite different and a lot more advance than my old Pioneer SA-8800 from the 70s.

Thanks again Ron, much appreciated.

Ron D

« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2020, 02:32 am »
Record out should be the same tape out.

Moineau

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2020, 04:35 am »
Thanks again Ron; will let you know how it went when I get this amp.
André

R. Daneel

« Reply #5 on: 2 Dec 2020, 07:13 am »
Hi!

The best way to do it is to connecto your MicroMega to the Bryston's tape output. It is a fixed level output and unaffected by the Bryston's volume control. That's how it should be done.

By the way, I have never seen anyone using this MicroMega amplifier.

Cheers!
Antun

Moineau

« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2020, 01:31 pm »
Good Morning Antun,

Thanks for the reply, I will try this connection that you and Ron have suggested, as soon I receive the Amp.
 I will be able to report how well it works with some headphones, also, to compare with the 135 own internal headphone connection.
André