CAS hiatus
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:06 am »
Looks like the Carolina Audio Society is "on hiatus".   :bomb:
:bawl:
 :sad:

See note from Danny below.
Jake

Hello everyone.

I hope your summer is going well and you and your families are having a great time.

We seemed to have received a rather anemic response for help with meetings excluding one for a classical music meeting and another for the Wine and Cheese gathering. In discussing this with other long time members we agree that we appear to be at a point where a CAS hiatus may be in order.

In executing this, we will plan to reimburse everyone who paid for their 2009 dues, and beyond, since it is unlikely we will have any further meetings this year. Hopefully, there will be more interest at a later time and we can resurrect the organization.

The last ten years have been a wonderful experience bringing so many people together. I am so very proud of how beautifully this club has evolved and the lasting friendships that have resulted through our mutual love of sound and music. Hopefully, after a little hiatus, new interest will rekindle our group. I look forward to that time.

Be well and have music in your heart,

Danny

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: CAS hiatus
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:15 am »
Let's make it clear that this is not the CAS circle  :o CAS is a group that is not affiliated with this site...

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:55 pm »
Good point, jqp.. If anyone in CAS wants doesn't want to go on hiatus.. and likes to get together for local listening fun, there are folks that host G2G's, this weekend in fact... See my other post in this circle.
-C

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:06 pm »
I hate to see this. Danny is such a fab guy and great leader.  I hope the Charlotte club makes a big comeback when circumstances improve.