Odyssey Audio @ T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, CA June 1-3, 2018

AlTran

Dear all,
It was sad when the cancelled last year's show. With the permission from Klaus to allow me to start this new thread to advise everyone that Odyssey will be bringing Stratos Monos, Candela, Suspiro SE, Kismet monitors, Massive Racks, Magnan cables, VPI Turntable & Symphonic CD Player for the show. Also some little secret accessories. Klaus will let us know what are those accessories. I just want to find out how many of us Californian fans will be at the show?

Hope to meet some new friends at Odyssey room.

B. regards,
Al

thegasman

Re: Odyssey Audio @ T.H.E. Show Newport Beach, CA June 1-3, 2018
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2018, 02:28 am »
AZ Odyssey fan here. I wish I could go, but we already have a trip planned to OC for 4th of July. Too far to go two months in a row.😩

MONKEYWICKEDMONKEY

« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2018, 06:45 pm »
I'd make the run from Phoenix but this isn't enough notice. With an amp on the way and a Candela and Suspiro in my future I want to meet Klaus. Also, the company I work for can make him some new graphics for the shows

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2018, 08:03 pm »
With Klaus so buy at shows, he's never going to find time to fix my Stratos Stereo Extreme I sent for repair months ago  :(

However I'm just happy it has such a great warranty  :)

AlTran

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2018, 10:42 pm »
It seems like someone is complaining. But I must say, I'm always being patient when dealing with Klaus. The Odyssey sounds great & best bargain for your bucks. I usually tell Klaus I'm not in a rush to get my stuff, just take his time but hurry up.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2018, 10:59 pm »
Only just a very little, just because I want to hear it again.  Bought it used, had it for a couple weeks before sending it to Klaus.  I spoke to him twice, once before sending and a few weeks ago.  He explained his process, and I said take your time.  And there is no reason to complain, how often can you buy a used amp and have it covered under warranty.  :thumb:

AlTran

« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2018, 11:16 pm »
For the time being, please just take a lookat this pic & yours amp will come home very soon.

Brettio

« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2018, 11:32 pm »
Al,
I’m still trying to make a trip down to THE Show work.  This being my first show should I be concerned about tickets selling out? 

Thank you, Brett

AlTran

« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2018, 11:39 pm »
Brettio, I don't think they would sell out the tickets. Maybe you can then use my pass.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2018, 11:40 pm »
Al, very nice looking system and room.   :thumb:

If I may ask, how far are the speakers from the front wall behind them, and what percentage is that of the entire length of the room?  Like 1/3 or?  And how far is the listening position from the back wall.
Thanks,
Jeff

AlTran

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2018, 11:52 pm »
Thanks Jeff, the Liquids are 5.5 feet measuring from the back of the speaker to the front wall & about 7 feet apart. My room is 22x22x9. My sweet spot is within 5 feet from the front speakers.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2018, 11:55 pm »
Thanks Al.  A good sized room always helps to get great sound.  I bet it sounds awesome!

AlTran

« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2018, 12:00 am »
Jeff, the room in this case is my garage. Yes I agree the room does help but the Odyssey gears & everything else must come together. If you look at the center of the wall where I hang the Skyline diffuser, my friends built them for me, I have 2 of the same setting on the front to the side of each speaker. they don't show up in this pic.

Brettio

« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2018, 12:01 am »
Thank you Al!  I hope to have the privilege of meeting both you and Klaus.

I’ll keep you posted,  Brett

AlTran

« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2018, 12:08 am »
Brett, oh no, you don't want to meet me... bad idea. I'm warning you. I don't want to see Klaus either, for many of you Klaus is the nicest guy, definitely not for me. I spent $$$ every time I see him. 

AlTran

« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2018, 05:00 pm »
2 more weeks & I started to count the days...