VMPS Forum closing?

Stimpy

VMPS Forum closing?
« on: 9 Feb 2018, 08:14 pm »
This notification is popping up around Audio Circle:

"This area will soon be closed to non-contributing industry participants. Unfortunately, the activities of certain members of the audio industry, combined with the need to pay for development and reduce time wasted by non-contributors, have made maintaining FREE access to this site for all members of the audio industry an impossible goal.

If you are a non-contributing industry participant and would like to become a contributor, that would certainly be appreciated. Click here for info.

If you are an employee of a contributing industry participant aka sponsor and would like continued access, please click here to request that your status be changed.

Thank you."

It's now posted at the top of the VMPS Forum too.  Does this mean the VMPS Forum will be closing?  Locked?  Will the current content be at least viewable in the future?  It was sad enough to loose Brian Cheney.  It will be sadder still, to loose the Forum as well.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: VMPS Forum closing?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2018, 08:26 pm »
No,  That's not what I am reading.  I read it to mean that free loading industry members (those not paying dues while conducting business) will lose access.  It does not say anything about any circle being closed unless it's a sponsored circle that is in arears of fees. 

VMPS Speakers is an Owner's Circle which is not for business and is not subject to sponsor fees.

gab

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2018, 08:27 pm »
Hope you are right about that

Shear Bliss VMPS

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2018, 11:43 pm »
Lets hope so!! Would be really sad to see it shut down and lose all its very valuable information from years past to Brians last designs.

DW

Stimpy

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2018, 12:14 am »
Thanks Woodsyi, 

That's Good News.  I hope we'll be around for many years to come!  A wealth of information here, that I'd hate to loose.  Heck, I wish there was some way to recover the Harmonic Discord VMPS Forum posts?  I wonder if there's a Way Back capture?

Stimpy

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2018, 12:24 am »
Truth be told, Brian was a very considerate guy.
In the 90s when was no easy internet access Brian reply me by letter and send me abundant documentation on its products and complete list price on VMPS products, still today I have the prospects of VMPS.
People like Brian are missing out on the US audio industry.
RIP

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2018, 04:48 am »
No, this circle is not closing.

Stimpy

« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2018, 03:50 pm »
No, this circle is not closing.

:hyper: :thumb: :dance:

Thanks!

BSieb

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2018, 07:12 pm »
Good -  too much good information here for VMPS owners.  I will also verify that when I was purchasing Brian's kits, I called him many times for clarification and upgrade questions.  He was very personable and helpful.  Still listening to his speakers/subwoofers in my systems.