Hello fellow music lovers

leonardmicheal17

Hello fellow music lovers
« on: 5 Feb 2020, 04:54 am »
Hello,

I’m new to the hobby and I’m still researching on what’s the best path to take. So far Im leaning on getting a good tube amplifier along with a klipsch cornwall. I hope I don’t get lost in all of this. Im very much looking forward of the journey ahead.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello fellow music lovers
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2020, 04:56 am »
Welcome Leonard :thumb:
On tube amps a good advice is keep it simple as low power Single Ended, avoid PushPull. A good Class D amp will match a good tube pre-amp.
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2020, 08:41 am by FullRangeMan »

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2020, 06:10 am »
Welcome!

toocool4

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2020, 08:19 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle leonardmiheal17

The best advice i can give you on your journey is to go to as many dealers as possible and listen to as many systems as you can before you buy anything.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 5 Feb 2020, 01:58 pm »
Welcome!

Cornwalls and a small tube amp would be a good match.  Classic Klipsch speakers were designed 60+ years ago when small tube amps are all that existed.  Their loose bass and smooth sound match up well to classic Klipsch high efficiency, lack of deep bass, and rough/fatiguing sound.  That would be a definitive vintage pairing.   The Cornwalls are my favorite classic Klipsch, not huge, cheaper than the other 3-ways, and doesn't require a pair of adjoining corners.  But audio has come a long way since the 50's.

Suggest learning the basics before buying anything.  Floyd Toole's "Sound Reproduction" 3rd edition is the consummate audiophile guide to understand how speakers behave in-room.  A recent development is controlled directivity speaker design.  Another is digital music, now streaming is the #1 method.  Yet another is class D power amplification.  And don't neglect the trend of consumers to embrace the sonic and design advantages of active monitors (that studio professionals have been using for years).

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2020, 06:23 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle. There are no absolute right or wrong paths, whatever satisfies your ears and puts a smile on your face will tie you over until something else comes along. And as long as one keeps searching, they’ll keep finding.  :lol:

leonardmicheal17

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2020, 02:58 pm »
Hello Guys,

Thank you all for the response, I very much appreciate it. I took all your advises and went to a local dealer and listened to klispch cornwall 4, prima luna push pull amplifier, chord dac and I was blown away. I never thought processed music can sound this effortless. I will go back again tomorrow and listen more.

Thank you all

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 7 Feb 2020, 03:33 pm »
Put a high quality Class D amp in front of the Cornwalls and that will make them come alive even more effortlessly - without sacrificing tone or any other tube virtue.  :wink:  :D :D

rockadanny

« Reply #8 on: 7 Feb 2020, 04:24 pm »
Zero Fidelity review of the Luxman 'Neo Classico' SQ-N150 tube integrated ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyNUY9egwk

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2020, 01:48 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Leonard      :thumb:

leonardmicheal17

« Reply #10 on: 12 Feb 2020, 09:51 pm »
Thank you all for the welcome. It's been fun researching and overwhelming at the same time. Im leaning towards the Klipsch cornwall 4 and prima luna amplifier along with the prima luna evo dac. It's a bit expensive but I have heard them and the pairing is what I'm looking for in a good sytem. I would like to hear a good SET amplifier before I make up my mind. ClassD is also welcome if you guys have suggestions.

thanks

leonardmicheal17

« Reply #11 on: 12 Feb 2020, 09:54 pm »
Zero Fidelity review of the Luxman 'Neo Classico' SQ-N150 tube integrated ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyNUY9egwk

Hi Wind Chaser,

What Class D amplifier would you recommend?

Thanks

Wind Chaser

« Reply #12 on: 13 Feb 2020, 01:50 am »
Hi Wind Chaser,

What Class D amplifier would you recommend?

Digital Amp Co. Cherry Maraschino, after many tube amps (mostly SETs) I am just as confident as I was when I bought them (mono blocks) new 3 years ago that these extraordinary amps are end game amplifiers. Couldn’t careless about anything else that comes along. They also make single box stereo version without any bells and whistles that can be had for about $1200 new.  :D