First Series for Both Teams: Cowboys 7, Eagles 0

Bigfish

First Series for Both Teams: Cowboys 7, Eagles 0
« on: 3 Jan 2010, 09:35 pm »
Guys:

I am not a Cowboys Fan but the Boys are definitely playing Playoff Caliper Football.  I think my prediction of Cowboys vs. Chargers in the Superbowl is looking like a pretty solid!

Ken

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: First Series for Both Teams: Cowboys 7, Eagles 0
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2010, 10:00 pm »
Guys:

I am not a Cowboys Fan but the Boys are definitely playing Playoff Caliper Football.  I think my prediction of Cowboys vs. Chargers in the Superbowl is looking like a pretty solid!

Ken

Sure hope you're right Ken,,, the Dallas Cowboys could use some payback from that team in the Big Game!  :hyper:

But considering where us Cowboy fans were just 3 weeks ago, I'm just happy for my "Boys" to be in the playoffs.  :thumb: 

Oh yeah, my sincere condolences to the NY giant fans for having to finish their season with having their team play a game like that.  :violin:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2010, 10:58 pm »
Indeed, what happened to the Giants?  They seem to be in a very bad place.  Green Bay is marching on to a rematch with Minn.  The Pokes look under control, the Eagles don't.  Bloody all right!  I know the Pats didn't have their some of their main guys in there but Houston played some good ball in spite of their kicker contributing -7 points.  He has the year's record, btw, for missed attempts.  They're a better team than their record.  Carolina is, too.  They need help.  Hope they get it.  Go Cowboys, knock off those penalties and knock out those birds.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2010, 12:32 am »
Whoa.  24-0 over a powerful Eagle offense!  Consecutive shutouts.  Dallas hasn't looked like this in a very long time.  Anybody else remember Dallas 5 Detroit 0 in the playoffs? 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2010, 01:02 am »
Whoa.  24-0 over a powerful Eagle offense!  Consecutive shutouts.  Dallas hasn't looked like this in a very long time.  Anybody else remember Dallas 5 Detroit 0 in the playoffs?

1ST TIME in the history of the Cowboys that they've had consecutive shutout games. I found this very hard to believe but the bottom line is Tony Romo has had a stellar December, even when the Boys started out 0-2. Romo never let up and the rest of the team got onboard for the 3-0 winning finish. :dance:

The fact that Dallas has won the Eastern Division is nice but it won't mean squat next weekend when it comes to their 1st playoff game with a rematch against Philly. This shutout win could come back to haunt Dallas as Philly will be chomping at the bits for payback. But the game will once again be played in Dallas,,, I'll be mighty nervous puppy for all of next week.  :duh:

It was reallly cool to see Emmitt Smith up in the owners box congratulating Jerry Jones. That man sure brings back fond memories of the glory years.  :beer:

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2010, 02:44 am »
Yeah, Romo said in his interview that Philly will come back with all kinda blitz packages.  Whata we do?  Quick releases?  No huddle offense?  I know . . shut em out just like tonite.  Think they'll work on that, too.  Looks like the Bengals are giving the Jets a walk so the Jets will be the last AFC wild card.  Damn, Houston coulda had that with just one of those close ones back.  Hope their x kicker finds a nice milk route or something.

Dallas DID look mighty fine on both sides of the ball.