Sony SS-CS3 Floorstander Upgrade?

pinkfloyd4ever

Sony SS-CS3 Floorstander Upgrade?
« on: 19 Mar 2021, 04:33 pm »
Hey Danny I just saw your video on the Sony SS-CS5 upgrade kit. I've had the floor standing version of those speakers, the SS-CS3 for about a year and a half. They're pretty great for the sale price of $200 I got them at...but I've cursed myself and listened to some much better speakers, so I'm craving more.

Any chance you'll do an upgrade kit for the floorstanders as well?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Re: Sony SS-CS3 Floorstander Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2021, 05:59 pm »
Somebody has to ship one to him for that to happen. 

honfatboy

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2021, 09:24 pm »
I would also be interested to know!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2021, 11:22 pm »
Hey Danny I just saw your video on the Sony SS-CS5 upgrade kit. I've had the floor standing version of those speakers, the SS-CS3 for about a year and a half. They're pretty great for the sale price of $200 I got them at...but I've cursed myself and listened to some much better speakers, so I'm craving more.

Any chance you'll do an upgrade kit for the floorstanders as well?

He absolutely will - just send it to him.

Sonicjoy

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2021, 12:26 am »
The upgrade may cost more than the speakers.  :lol:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2021, 12:40 am »
I mean the upgrade is already almost 2x the cost of the bookshelf models.. but I know CheapAudioMan, Randy, really digs the bookies for the price. Even Danny liked what he heard from them, despite how cheap they are.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2021, 01:59 am »
Hmm so then the million dollar question is...after the upgrade, will these sound better than what I could buy for the total price of (speakers [200] + round trip shipping to Danny [150?] + upgrade kit [300]) = roughly $650...assuming he can do this with just 1 speaker. Interesting, as the speakers I have my eyes on upgrading to are about the same price. Tekton Mini-Lores.

Does Danny prefer to have both speakers from the pair to evaluate or does it not matter?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2021, 02:21 am »
He just needs one speaker.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2021, 02:12 pm »
One just arrived.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2021, 02:32 pm »
YESSS!!! Ahh that's awesome! Huge thanks to whoever sent that in if you're reading this.

I'm very much looking forward top your thoughts & upgrade recommendations on it, Danny.

mkrawcz

« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2021, 09:42 pm »
I’m sensing some serious potential with this one.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2021, 11:59 pm »
I know you're super busy and it hasn't been 3 weeks since that SS-CS3 showed up...but I'm antsy to hear your thoughts! Do you plan on making a video for this one too when you do get a chance to evaluate? I hope so  :green:

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2021, 01:39 am »
I know you're super busy and it hasn't been 3 weeks since that SS-CS3 showed up...but I'm antsy to hear your thoughts! Do you plan on making a video for this one too when you do get a chance to evaluate? I hope so  :green:

I have had a lot in front of it and I have really been bogged down with emails. I will be on it shortly.