Does the Sapphire and/or X Model Tweeter Fire To The Rear?

James Edward

I can’t quite tell from the Spatial site. Thanks

geerock

Re: Does the Sapphire and/or X Model Tweeter Fire To The Rear?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2021, 09:27 pm »
The x series AMT fires to the rear.  Clayton has those custom made and I have the X5's.  Not sure about the M Sapphires but I would guess they would be to get a true dipole.

James Edward

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2021, 10:01 pm »
Not meant to be a mysterious question- I own the M3 Turbo S, and am looking to add some ‘air’ to a great sounding speaker. I plan on augmenting it with an upward firing tweeter to hear the result. I have some inquiries out in the ether, and if anyone here is interested in the results, let me know...

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2021, 12:37 am »
Not meant to be a mysterious question- I own the M3 Turbo S, and am looking to add some ‘air’ to a great sounding speaker. I plan on augmenting it with an upward firing tweeter to hear the result. I have some inquiries out in the ether, and if anyone here is interested in the results, let me know...
James Romeyn can certainly help you out, products designed in conjunction with Duke LeJune at Audiokinesis. These are intended to be added on to existing speakers to do pretty much exactly what you want.
http://jamesromeyn.com/audiokinesis-speaker-design/#space-generator

sockpit

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2021, 01:49 am »
I own M5 sapphires and the tweeter/mid unit fires only forward.  And that’s just fine by me.   :D

jjss49

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2021, 05:03 am »
on my m3 sapphires the tweeters fire forward only

if i am incorrect and they fire both front and back, i am sure someone (or clayton) will correct me   :)

Spatial Audio

« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2021, 05:07 am »
The X3 and X5 use a studio grade AMT that we modify to open the back side which produces a cardioid pattern. The M series are monopolar in the treble range.

Clayton