Can the M3 be integrated in a home theater system for LCR as or X5?

pokerbarlo

Can the M3 be integrated in a home theater system for LCR as or X5? Which speakers would match this for surround and atmos. I will be making DIY home theater subs will it be hard to integrate these to them? As well as planning on getting 2 subwoofer kits from GR for when listening to music only. Was thinking to just integrate this to save space and money of not having 2 dedicated areas one for music and one for home theater. I have Polk RTis as of the moment and was thinking of using those for surrounds and Atmos

vondy

I have the M3 Turbo S as my LR for music and movies. My center is a Klipsch Academy from my previous system. It seems to match up pretty well. Ideally you would use a 3rd M3 or maybe M5 if you had the room.

I don't think anything else after that matters as much. You don't have a ton of sound coming out of the surrounds anyway.

I love my Spatials for movies! They give this great big effortless sound that makes action movies come to life. Tried out a SVS sub for a while and sent it back. Sub goes deeper but it had more of an artificial feel to it. The Spatials were more like real life.

pokerbarlo

Ah so it was hard to integrate a normal sub to it? I was planning on 3. What system are you running? I am planning on doing 7.4.6 with a monolith htp-1

vondy

I didn't actually try and integrate the sub with the M3s. At the time I was experimenting with separating my 2ch from my 5.1. For music I used an integrated Yamaha A-S801 and an Onkyo AVR for HT. When I wanted to listen to music I would swap the speaker cables.

So my experiment was getting a Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar, which is a very expensive large soundbar, along with the SVS sub. With it's built-in digital amps I would be able to use that and the sub for movies and leave my Spatials hooked up to my 2ch amp for music.

One thing I missed with the sub was that pressure wave from the dual 15s the Spatials would put out. Sub would rattle the room and go deep but it wasn't the same large feeling you got from the Spatials. The soundbar itself dipped down into the 30hz area but still you just can't replace the displacement of the Spatials.

So that does not mean you can't integrate subs with the Spatials. In my situation I felt like I really didn't need an extra piece of equipment to get those extra few low range sounds. If you are trying to do HT 100% then yeah you'd want a sub.

From what I read here you would ideally get an open baffle sub to match up better with the Spatials. Not sure how much it would matter with HT? Probably matter more with music.

Or maybe go with the X-3s? Built in powered subs. I'm sure someone here has used them for movies.

I'm no expert just wanted to impart how impressed I am with the M3s and movie dynamics.

pokerbarlo

I was actually planning on getting the GR-research triple servo subs 2 pieces for left and right for 2 channel music but I would add 4 21 inch devastators for movies. So in movie mode the 2 spatials plus servo subs will just be on the left and right channels on the receiver in which I will set them at large so they get the full frequency into both and the 4 monster devestators would be connected to the LFE channel with eq adjustment through a minidsp 2x4 hd

I didn't actually try and integrate the sub with the M3s. At the time I was experimenting with separating my 2ch from my 5.1. For music I used an integrated Yamaha A-S801 and an Onkyo AVR for HT. When I wanted to listen to music I would swap the speaker cables.

So my experiment was getting a Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar, which is a very expensive large soundbar, along with the SVS sub. With it's built-in digital amps I would be able to use that and the sub for movies and leave my Spatials hooked up to my 2ch amp for music.

One thing I missed with the sub was that pressure wave from the dual 15s the Spatials would put out. Sub would rattle the room and go deep but it wasn't the same large feeling you got from the Spatials. The soundbar itself dipped down into the 30hz area but still you just can't replace the displacement of the Spatials.

So that does not mean you can't integrate subs with the Spatials. In my situation I felt like I really didn't need an extra piece of equipment to get those extra few low range sounds. If you are trying to do HT 100% then yeah you'd want a sub.

From what I read here you would ideally get an open baffle sub to match up better with the Spatials. Not sure how much it would matter with HT? Probably matter more with music.

Or maybe go with the X-3s? Built in powered subs. I'm sure someone here has used them for movies.

I'm no expert just wanted to impart how impressed I am with the M3s and movie dynamics.

vondy

That's some serious firepower there! Either you really love bass or it's a huge room.  :D

You should go Klipsch Cinema line with those.

morganc

I was actually planning on getting the GR-research triple servo subs 2 pieces for left and right for 2 channel music but I would add 4 21 inch devastators for movies. So in movie mode the 2 spatials plus servo subs will just be on the left and right channels on the receiver in which I will set them at large so they get the full frequency into both and the 4 monster devestators would be connected to the LFE channel with eq adjustment through a minidsp 2x4 hd

I have X-5’s with dual Servos from Danny. My house shakes and rattles to the point where I have to turn the bass way down.  But it sure is fun at times and in movies.