The X-Voce center channel.

Danny Richie

The X-Voce center channel.
« on: 28 Mar 2018, 09:22 pm »
I have been moving a lot of product lately from our old location to our new location. And man we have a lot of X-Voce crossovers in stock.

The X-Voce is a great center channel speaker. It combines a high level of transparency, with high sensitivity, high dynamics, and with an easy to drive load. Plus, the quality level of the drivers are excellent. It is one of the best center channel speakers out there. And the basic kit is marked at only $189. The drivers alone sell for $169.70. By the time I throw in the binding posts cup, wire, solder, heat shrink, and screws the total is already at $189. So the crossover is essentially included for free.

Add some X-Statik's up front and you have an excellent front three. And the X-Statik's are priced ridiculously low as well at just $379 a pair. 

And the frequency response on all of these are super smooth.

SoCalWJS

Re: The X-Voce center channel.
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2018, 05:31 pm »
That is a hell of a deal, Danny. Still love my X-Voce CC. Not an exact match, but pretty good nonetheless.

I always planned to upgrade the crossover to match the Super V's a bit closer (or the LS6's. I keep switching what does HT & what does 2 channel  :oops:). Never got around to it. Someday....

They still sound very good - good enough in fact that I use it instead of my Theil MCS-1.

WC

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2018, 05:48 pm »
What are the dimensions of the X-voce?

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2018, 06:44 pm »
What are the dimensions of the X-voce?

They are 36" wide, 8.5" tall, and 15" deep.

Nick77

« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2018, 09:39 pm »
Just curious, what would be the upgrade path be on that stock crossover??

SoCalWJS

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2018, 10:58 pm »

I remember back in the day, the Skiing Ninja had quite a few options. Sonicap Bypass, Better Coils, etc. Can't remember the specifics, but they got pretty expensive pretty quick. I remember going through his website one time and I added up all of the top of the line options, and it was roughly twice what I paid for the speaker itself.

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2018, 01:58 am »

Cap upgrades get you the furthest. Tube connectors instead of the stock binding posts take clarity up a level as well. They are actually real easy to tweak up. The crossover is easily accessed right behind the mids.

nickd

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2018, 04:21 pm »
Man that’s a great deal.  :o
I bought some X series used for home theater for about 7 years ago. I will say this, there never has been, or ever will be, a better value in ultra high end home theater. Glad to see Danny still offering these kits especially at these prices. :thumb:

Chops

« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2018, 02:00 pm »
I can definitely vouch for the quality and sound of the X-Voce. I ordered one as well as the X-Statik's when they were first released. I'm sure I was in the first 50-100 people to order and receive these speakers. The X-Voce was and still is the absolute best sounding center channel speaker I have ever heard at any price point. Clear, dynamic, natural, effortless and BIG sounding. It places the action above it up on the screen where it belongs, not below it, and definitely not small, strained, boxed or cupped sounding like so many lesser CC speakers out there.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2018, 03:07 pm »
I'm still rocking the X-Statik, X-Voce and X-Omni speakers in my home theater along with a GR/Rythmik sealed servo sub on the left.  With an inexpensive Marantz receiver these provide a dynamic and spacious sound.  Highly recommended!

Living room system
by Rob C, on Flickr

All got upgraded crossovers too.

Untitled
by Rob C, on Flickr

flavo

« Reply #10 on: 7 Mar 2019, 11:14 pm »
Danny, do you still have any of the centers built? Or is it just the kits left?
With the cap upgrades, do you do them or do you just send them with the board for the purchaser to complete?

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 8 Mar 2019, 12:15 am »
Danny, do you still have any of the centers built? Or is it just the kits left?

I have quite a few completed ones left.

With the cap upgrades, do you do them or do you just send them with the board for the purchaser to complete?

I'd rather send you the parts and let you upgrade them because of my limited time, but if you are not in a hurry, then I can do it.

flavo

« Reply #12 on: 8 Mar 2019, 08:20 pm »
PM sent to Danny.
Does anyone know where to find the post about the left over pre built speakers? I thought it was pinned before.

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 8 Mar 2019, 11:02 pm »
PM sent to Danny.
Does anyone know where to find the post about the left over pre built speakers? I thought it was pinned before.

Here are the colors that are left: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=142796.msg1523724#msg1523724

mrogers22

« Reply #14 on: 13 Mar 2019, 11:39 pm »
Danny,

I'm planning on building a pair of X-Statiks in the future, but it might be awhile, so I have three questions about the X-Voce:

If I purchased three of them, could I set them up as an L-C-R system?

Can I take them apart in the future and use the parts to build a pair of X-Statiks?

If I purchased three of them, could you comp or discount the shipping?

Thanks much, Mark from Melbourne, FL (32934).

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 14 Mar 2019, 12:57 am »
Danny,

I'm planning on building a pair of X-Statiks in the future, but it might be awhile, so I have three questions about the X-Voce:

Can I take them apart in the future and use the parts to build a pair of X-Statiks?

Thanks much, Mark from Melbourne, FL (32934).

Welcome, Mark (I am not far 32940).  In a spare system I have a pair of GR Research N3s (after 3 posts you'll have more access to the site, including searches and PMs)

mrogers22

« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2019, 09:56 am »
Welcome, Mark (I am not far 32940).  In a spare system I have a pair of GR Research N3s (after 3 posts you'll have more access to the site, including searches and PMs)

Phil, thanks neighbor.  The X-Statiks always caught my eye and I wanted to try an OB.  I am also intrigued by the N series.  The DaVanti and the Centrare are also of interest.  I have a large family room (14' x 22' extending another 14' with the kitchen) and always assumed 5 1/4" might be a little undersized.  I have a pair of Vandersteen C2Is currently and love them but don't like the center channel that I have paired with them (Paradigm - love Paradigms but not as a center match with the Vandy's).

What are your mains in your main (non spare) system?  Mark

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar 2019, 03:18 pm »
Danny,

Using them as left and right mains would not be ideal, but you could do that.

They share the same drivers, but nothing else.

On those I can't. I am not making anything on those. They are already cut down to the bone. I am guessing that shipping will be in the $42 to $68 range per unit.

flavo

« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2019, 05:49 pm »
Mark,
You would also need to get those tweeters up to ear height.
So they would look pretty funny. 

Phil A

« Reply #19 on: 14 Mar 2019, 09:08 pm »
Mark - have a bunch of systems.  I have Thiel 3.7s in the main system. New to the area?  If so, where did you relocate from (assuming of course you’re not in the Witness Protection Program :lol:).