I'm hoping Curt hasn't gone the way of Michael Barnes.  :|

Curt

Re: What's happened to IRD?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2005, 07:23 pm »
Quote from: WEEZ
Nothing for over two months.

:?:

WEEZ

Sorry guys, I got so burried I failed to visit the forum for quite some time.

I did answer all PMs, e-mails, and sales are as usual.

I am trying to catchup over the next day or two.

Thank you all for your inputs and interesting posts.

WEEZ, I answered all your questions today.

suits_me

What's happened to IRD?
« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2005, 07:37 pm »
The website makes it clear that OEM jobs take priority.

That's not the norh situation, where the _computer company_ takes priority and they built a factory on land they didn't own.

Totally different....

randog

What's happened to IRD?
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2005, 08:43 pm »
I didn't mean to imply anything other than 'splitsville' from AC. :nono:
I own both IRD and Norh products.

Good to see you back, Curt  :D

Curt

What's happened to IRD?
« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2005, 05:54 pm »
Quote from: randog

Good to see you back, Curt  :D

It's good talking with you guys again, I missed audio.

I still am quite busy until June but I will get by here at least once a week.

I do have to admit Chair Guy helped pull me out of my work coma, thanks Chair Guy... for the nudge. It was a good thing.

R_burke

It's June......
« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2005, 08:21 pm »
Please somebody (preferably Curt) tell me that IRD is starting to work on audio equipment again.  Especially the "audiophile", I absolutely NEED one :roll:

Curt

Re: It's June......
« Reply #7 on: 8 Jun 2005, 08:55 am »
Quote from: R_burke
Please somebody (preferably Curt) tell me that IRD is starting to work on audio equipment again.  Especially the "audiophile", I absolutely NEED one :roll:

IRD is on schedule to restart audio projects next month. This month, June, we are finishing the last of our OEM R&D obligations.

We will review the audio components in R&D, not yet released, and make decisions to continue them or not. Once the decisions are made we will reschedule the new components for production.

Our top priority this year will be active filter components, anything to do with bi/tri-amping, and this does include the Audiophile preamplifier.

The true value of the IRD MB-100 monoblock amplifier is revealed in active filter, bi/tri-amping, applications. The MB-100 was originally designed for bi/tri-amping and it can save an audiophile hundreds if not thousands of dollars when building this type of system.

More news will be on our website by or before July 1st.

Thank you for your interest.

R_burke

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jun 2005, 01:49 pm »
Quote from: Curt
IRD is on schedule to restart audio projects next month. This month, June, we are finishing the last of our OEM R&D obligations.

Our top priority this year will be active filter components, anything to do with bi/tri-amping, and this does include the Audiophile preamplifier.

:dance:   Thank you

ScottMayo

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jun 2005, 05:34 pm »
What does the MB-100 put out into 4 ohm? Are there plans for something with more watts? What's the -1db and -2db points on these things?

Curt

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jun 2005, 08:06 pm »
Quote from: ScottMayo
What does the MB-100 put out into 4 ohm? Are there plans for something with more watts? What's the -1db and -2db points on these things?

Playing music into 4 ohm loudspeakers while watching the signal on a scope I've seen extended music peaks of ~240W, and I've blown a few bass drivers using bass heavy demo CDs.

Cooking a 4 Ohm resistor I measure 100Wrms continuous. The IC output stage package (thermal qualities) is the limiting factor for continous operation. It can't dissipate the heat fast enough. But it can easily exceed the 100W continuous rating when playing music which is much less demanding than a resistor.

The frequency response is flat from < 1Hz to > 180KHz. I'm not sure where the -1 or -2db points are but the -3dB point is about 200KHz.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2005, 04:14 am »
Quote from: Curt

We will review the audio components in R&D, not yet released, and make decisions to continue them or not. Once the decisions are made we will reschedule the new components for production.

The true value of the IRD MB-100 monob ...

Been out of touch for a while on vacation...Wow that's great news!

jbgcpa

What's happened to IRD?
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2005, 07:27 pm »
Curt,

In case you are trying to measure demand - I'm still interested in a sabai, active crossovers and a dac.  I look forward to hearing IRD's announcement about new audio products.

Jack

oris98

What's happened to IRD?
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2005, 11:54 pm »
Hi Curt,

Just curious when the PT3 will be availbe ? I am making plans on my stereo system and would like to know how many more months do I have to wait for this ?

Many thanks  :D