Poll

Do you think Brett Favre will play again or will he retire after yesterday's loss?

Favre will play for the Vikings for the 2010 Season
Favre will retire again and stayed retired this time!

Brett Favre

Bigfish

Brett Favre
« on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:41 pm »
I think Brett Favre is certainly one of the best quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL.  Very few, if any, have had the capability to play at the level he played at this year and he did it at 40 years of age.  Personally, while he played pretty darn good last night, I thought he looked very tired.  I would not mind seeing him play again but I think he is going to hang it up for good. 

I am interested to know what you guys think?

Ken

cujobob

Re: Brett Favre
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:44 pm »
He played very well last night.  He was under serious pressure, his team was giving up the ball left and right, and A.P. wasn't doing a thing for most of the game.

I think he'll retire because of exhaustion and the Vikings will drop off significantly.

pardales

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:49 pm »
He played really well last night, better than most QB's in the NFL. Heck, he took some serious hits all night long and still hung in there -- even though he did not get sacked. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest QBs of all time.

I do think he will really retire this time though. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:51 pm »
"Farve" has more farewell tours than the Who.  :shake:
He will retire and cry about it.  Then he will be back in April when the aches and pains are distant memory.  :roll:

This is Brett to the Cheeseheads:

Don't cry for me G B Packers
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
(except once sings Che in the background)
Don't keep your distance

And as for fortune and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world
They were all I desired
They are illusions
They're not the solutions
They promise to be
The answer was here all the time
I love you and hope you love me

cujobob

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:54 pm »
The Sears commercials were good, though.  Will miss those.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2010, 02:58 pm »
He was good enough, even after the hits and being tired to be in the Super Bowl - if he'd taken the open field and run for 5 yards and slid instead of throwing that pick.  I hope that makes him rethink coming back as his body isn't as good as it used to be at making up for some of his decisions.  I don't think he even looked downfield to consider a run.  Not sure I blame him with the hits he took and the taped ankle, but still....

He's always thrown picks.  Just the risky way he plays.  Love watching him but don't want to see him get seriously hurt. 

Bryan

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2010, 03:18 pm »
Favre will return next year.  I don't care what he says for the next couple months.  He will tearfully announce that he's not ready to quit and play one more year.  Besides, next season is the last one before the owners lock everyone out and shut it down if they can't hammer out a new collective bargaining agreement. 

Brett had one of the best years of his career.  He gets to play in a nice indoor stadium, and he has a great offensive line with one of the best RB's in the league (if he can hold on to the ball).  The Vikings can win the division again next year and take another shot at the big game.  If they get homefield, they can march to the SB (given how great they play at home).  That's my prediction.

Mike Nomad

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2010, 03:45 pm »
~
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014, 08:39 pm by Mike Nomad »

arthurs

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:03 pm »
I think he'll go again next year.  He felt good and played well all season, made it to the chamoionship game and came close to going to Miami....his supporting cast and environment as noted above means he can likely go deep in the playoffs again, and that is what his passion/ego will drive him to do...

pardales

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:21 pm »
I think he could play another season and do really well -- he has it in him.

Wayner

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2010, 08:34 pm »
I hope you all are right. T Jack isn't the answer. Hopefully Brad Clueless and Ziggy can get Farve back (has a 2 year contract) and we can make one last run for the big game. Colts by 4

Wayner  8)

MaxCast

« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2010, 09:29 pm »
If you ask him now, he's retired.
If you ask him this August he will want to play.
Believe me, I know   :lol:

Jason Brent

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2010, 09:34 pm »
I can tell you this....I wouldn't want to place a wager on whether he comes back or not.  I can see it going either way.

One things for sure....he's a tough sumbitch.  How many consecutive starts does he have?

Bigfish

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jan 2010, 09:38 pm »
If you ask him now, he's retired.
If you ask him this August he will want to play.
Believe me, I know   :lol:

Rich:

I know you are right!  However, it will be interesting to see if Chilli will allow him to totally miss Summer Camp!  If Brett has to attend camp it might be a deciding factor for him. 

While this might be unpopular with the Viking Fans it would not be hard to think that the Vikings might not be the best team in North Division next year, even with Favre.  If the Packers are able to get a player or two for the offensive line they could be one of the favorites in the NFC. 

Ken 

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #14 on: 26 Jan 2010, 04:56 am »
Favre will retire again and stayed retired this time!

I think his wife will tell him to "pack it in".... :wink:

Time will tell.....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #15 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:06 am »
Does Brett want to spend the rest of his life remembering that his last NFL play was to singlehandedly blow a sureshot to the SuperBowl by throwing an interception that he had no reason to throw? I don't think so. He'll be back,,,,,

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #16 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:27 am »
Does Brett want to spend the rest of his life remembering that his last NFL play was to singlehandedly blow a sureshot to the SuperBowl by throwing an interception that he had no reason to throw? I don't think so. He'll be back,,,,,

Cheers,
Robin
Don't imagine he do.  The guy used to drink alot.  Hope he retires happy.  If he came back and failed, at least he could say he tried.  That's more consolation than he's got now, maybe.  What he needs to do is get his head around it.  One way or another, hope he does.  Bet his wife does, too.  Shit, the guy's a freakin legend already.  Gunslinger!  What the hell is wrong with that?

hmen

« Reply #17 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:42 am »

Cheers,
Robin

His last pass as a Packer was an interception in overtime of the NFC championship and it cost the team the game. His last pass as a Jet was an interception that might have cost the team a shot at the playoffs. I think it's time for him to hang it up. However, the only thing I'm willing to predict is a lot of drama and too much media coverage.     

Howard

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:43 am »
Imagine a video game that took 20 hours to play to the end, and you couldn't save it- the only way to beat it was to play all the way thru every time.  Then imagine that to win it you had to defeat a very tough BBEG.  If you got to the Boss only to lose, how many times would you have the heart (and stomach) to start over again?  I'm torn.  I'd love to see him play again, if he has it in him to go to war again.  But it's a lot of work outs, mini-camps, and pain- leading to potentially another grueling 20 games.  Makes me sore thinking about it, and I'm his age.

Brett can be damn proud of this season no matter what.  Did he single-handedly lose that game?  Get real, without him the Vikings are 9-7, 10-6 at best, looking up at GB.  The way he got pounded it's amazing he was still in the game to throw that pick. 

He'll go in the HoF as a Packer, and without a question GB eventually retires his number.  And that's fitting after all the years he played there.  But I'll always remember this last season he spent as a Viking.  Thanks Brett.  It was a helluva ride! :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #19 on: 26 Jan 2010, 05:47 am »
Don't imagine he do.  The guy used to drink alot.  Hope he retires happy.  If he came back and failed, at least he could say he tried.  That's more consolation than he's got now, maybe.  What he needs to do is get his head around it.  One way or another, hope he does.  Bet his wife does, too.  Shit, the guy's a freakin legend already.  Gunslinger!  What the hell is wrong with that?

I you're slightly underestimating the man's pride. That should have been selfevident from just watching him play hurt. I don't think his pride will let him walk away from the game.  :dunno:

Cheers,
Robin