Super "Vikings" vs Saints

Bigfish

Re: Super "Vikings" vs Saints
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2010, 04:54 pm »
"Super" Vikings 33 Saints 2

Go "Super" Vikings!

This is going to be a fun afternoon!

Hey, I am pulling for the Vikings, purely because of Favre but lets be a little realistic.  Vikings 27, Saints 24!

Ken

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
« Reply #21 on: 24 Jan 2010, 04:59 pm »
Hey, I am pulling for the Vikings, purely because of Favre but lets be a little realistic.  Vikings 27, Saints 24!

Ken
Oops, I meant 27! But your score is just great too!

jackman

« Reply #22 on: 24 Jan 2010, 05:26 pm »
Sorry to rain on the Favre love-fest but the Vikes are going down today.  The Saints will win this one by more than a TD.  Of course, this is just wishful thinking from a bitter Bears fan.  Both games should be very fun this week.  I'm hoping for a Saints/Colts superbowl. 

Also, the Colts will beat the Jets by at least two touchdowns today.  Manning is going to go crazy and Sanchez will throw three picks. 

We'll see!  That's why they play the games.  I'm especially against the ViQueens after hearing that Prince song.  Is he nuts?

J

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 25 Jan 2010, 03:26 am »
Oops, I meant 27! But your score is just great too!

33-27? You were pretty damn close with a 31-28 final,,, but you picked the wrong damn team!  :eyebrows:

Better luck next year. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #24 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:36 am »
Two entertaining games today.  As much as I feel good for calling the two winners (okay, I was off on the score of the Saints game), it was hard to see either losing team come up short.  Favre had a great season and the Vikings outplayed the Saints today (except for all of the turnovers) and the Jets have a bright future with their young budding superstar QB Sanchez and Ryan, their coach. 

I've been a Saints fan all year and, although I'm happy they won the game and gave their great city a taste of being in the Superbowl, they really didn't impress me with their performance.  I'm not afraid to be wrong but I predict the Colts will win the Superbowl by more than a touchdown.  Manning is going to pick the Saints defense apart and the Colts D will hold the Saints offense in check.  Manning will get his second ring. 

We'll see!

J

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 25 Jan 2010, 04:55 am »
Wonder if Favre will come back?  Tough way to end things, ending your season with a really idiotic pick.  The guy's as tough as they come, tough- who didn't think he'd even be able to return to the game, much less still make some plays.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #26 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:03 am »
Two entertaining games today.  As much as I feel good for calling the two winners (okay, I was off on the score of the Saints game), it was hard to see either losing team come up short.  Favre had a great season and the Vikings outplayed the Saints today (except for all of the turnovers) and the Jets have a bright future with their young budding superstar QB Sanchez and Ryan, their coach. 

I've been a Saints fan all year and, although I'm happy they won the game and gave their great city a taste of being in the Superbowl, they really didn't impress me with their performance.  I'm not afraid to be wrong but I predict the Colts will win the Superbowl by more than a touchdown.  Manning is going to pick the Saints defense apart and the Colts D will hold the Saints offense in check.  Manning will get his second ring. 

We'll see!

J
Yeah J, I feel ya.  Good assessment, IMO.  Likewise on the Superbowl, I hope.   

maxwalrath

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:04 am »
Vikings fans can't deal with a return to Tavaris after this playoff run.  They should suck it up and send a 1st and a 3rd (both late picks in the round) and maybe a player to Philly for McNabb, someone who's really familiar with the offensive scheme. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:05 am »
You're probably right, Jman.  But just the same, enjoy riding the bandwagon another week. :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:12 am »
You're probably right, Jman.  But just the same, enjoy riding the bandwagon another week. :thumb:

Rob, I gotta say I loved your sense of humor today. Your Favre  comment you made after he got hurt totally made my day.  8)  Thanks for making me chuckle.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

budyog

« Reply #30 on: 25 Jan 2010, 06:36 am »
I've got to go to bed.................................... ....................................... .....................today's another day! :beer:  :cry: :sleep:

jackman

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jan 2010, 03:12 pm »

Hey, I'm no frontrunner.  I didn't mention this earlier but I'll say it now.  Dome teams have an unfair homefield advantage.  It's just too loud for opposing QB's to change plays at the line with 105 dB's ringing in their ears.  They can practice all they want with loud music, etc., there is just no way to overcome the noise advantage.  If the Viking/NO game was on neutral turf, the Vikings win by two TD's.  If the Jets/Colts game was on neutral turf...the Colts still win but not by as much.  If the Jets/Colts game was played outdoors in bad weather (Meadowlands), the Jets have a great shot.

The homefield advantage of an enclosed stadium, in pro football, is really unfair to visiting teams.  It's a greater advantage than anything I can think of in any other sport. Look at the home record of dome teams like Minn, NO, and Indy. 

budyog

« Reply #32 on: 25 Jan 2010, 07:31 pm »
What an exciting "Super" Vikings season and game it was yesterday! Its too bad for us it went the way it did and how the officials called some of the calls and did not call some I feel they should have. 
I hope Brett gives the "Super" Vikings another year!

Congrats Saints and good luck at the super bowl!

underdog64

« Reply #33 on: 25 Jan 2010, 08:33 pm »
Hey, I'm no frontrunner.  I didn't mention this earlier but I'll say it now.  Dome teams have an unfair homefield advantage.  It's just too loud for opposing QB's to change plays at the line with 105 dB's ringing in their ears.  They can practice all they want with loud music, etc., there is just no way to overcome the noise advantage.  If the Viking/NO game was on neutral turf, the Vikings win by two TD's.  If the Jets/Colts game was on neutral turf...the Colts still win but not by as much.  If the Jets/Colts game was played outdoors in bad weather (Meadowlands), the Jets have a great shot.

The homefield advantage of an enclosed stadium, in pro football, is really unfair to visiting teams.  It's a greater advantage than anything I can think of in any other sport. Look at the home record of dome teams like Minn, NO, and Indy.

IMHO When the Vikings played at Metropolitan Stadium (I think that's the name ) before going inside-THAT was a real homefield advantage over opposing teams not used to the bitter cold!

lcrim

« Reply #34 on: 25 Jan 2010, 09:18 pm »
From what I saw that game was decided by the zebras.  The interference call was only one of a series of judgment calls that were in favor of NO.  The fact that they let all those cheap shots at Favre go with no personal foul call is another indication. 
Favre rose enormously in my view, after what happened the season he played for the Jets.  A very tough guy in the best sense. 
NO shouldn't be proud of how they won that game.

jackman

« Reply #35 on: 25 Jan 2010, 10:25 pm »
From what I saw that game was decided by the zebras.   The interference call was only one of a series of judgment calls that were in favor of NO.  The fact that they let all those cheap shots at Favre go with no personal foul call is another indication. 
Favre rose enormously in my view, after what happened the season he played for the Jets.  A very tough guy in the best sense. 
NO shouldn't be proud of how they won that game.

There were some questionable calls in that game but I would not say the refs decided the outcome.  They had nothing to do with the following bone-head plays by the Vikings:

1. Twelve men on the field - after a TIME OUT?- in the fourth quarter. Taking them out of field goal range.
2. Favre throwing that fourth quarter interception on the final MIN drive when they were close to fieldgoal range.  He could have crawled for 5 yards and given his kicker a chance to kick them into the Superbowl. 
3. Turnovers: 6 fumbles, 3 of which were lost, 2 interceptions. FIVE Turnovers. 

The Vikings outplayed the Saints for most of the game and had an excellent chance to win the game on their final drive.  They also had several chances (remember the Bush fumble) in the red zone where they choked.  The zebras had nothing to do with this.  They simply choked. 

In the end, I was pulling for Favre because he exhibited toughness beyond anything I have ever seen in a QB.  He would have played to the death because he's a true warrior.  Turnovers and bonehead penalties cost the Vikings the game, not the officials. The Saints should be proud for winning a hard fought game against a strong opponent. 

J

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #36 on: 25 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm »

Well there was that 1 Saint touchdown that should have been placed on the 1 yard line. Replay clearly showed the runner's knee down well before he had extended the ball into the endzone.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

jackman

« Reply #37 on: 25 Jan 2010, 11:15 pm »

Well there was that 1 Saint touchdown that should have been placed on the 1 yard line. Replay clearly showed the runner's knee down well before he had extended the ball into the endzone.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

Vikings could have thrown the red bean-bag.  The Saints would have had first and goal from the 1.  Either way, the Vikings had more than enough chances to put that game away.  The Saints looked like bumbling fools at the end of the game and the Vikings looked like the Bears (my team) on that last drive.  Penalties, bad turnovers...I tought I was in Soldier Field watching my team! :wink:

To all the Favre lovers (I'm admittedly a fan because of his toughness), do you think Manning would have thrown that pick on the final Viking drive of the fourth quarter?   :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #38 on: 26 Jan 2010, 12:35 am »
Seems like the bigger the game the worse Manning plays.  He's lucky to be surrounded with a lot of talent.

jackman

« Reply #39 on: 26 Jan 2010, 02:19 am »
Seems like the bigger the game the worse Manning plays.  He's lucky to be surrounded with a lot of talent.

Put down the crack pipe and step away...

Just kidding.  You are joking, right?  Is there anyone better than Manning in the NFL?  He's looked pretty good so far this year.  He also looked good in the Superbowl victory over the Bears, a game in which he was Superbowl MVP.  I was rooting against him. 

Also, which great QB doesn't have talent around him?  Favre, Brady, Rothlesberger, Brees?  You can have everyone on this list, I'll take my chances with Manning.