They play football in Arizona?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: They play football in Arizona?
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jan 2010, 04:00 am »
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:finger:   dude

Yep, it was definitely Football.  :wink:

Wow; the Pack is out, yet Brett is still in.  Hmmmm... What does that mean? :rotflmao:

Definitely football.  :lol:

Have fun,
Jerry

cmryan21

« Reply #21 on: 11 Jan 2010, 05:42 am »
As all of you have said so far.......WOW !!   what a game !  that score ...was it football or basketball ??

It was football...sorta. More like a 61 minute 7-on-7 drill.

On to next week, Geaux Saints.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #22 on: 11 Jan 2010, 06:25 am »
Football IS a religion in Texas, Robin.  Clark, didn't Abilene win state this year?  Anybody ever hear of Odessa Permian?  West Texas teams, both.  I dunno what the professor is talkin about.

Jm,

I was born in Kermit (Dad was in the "awl" business) and my parents told me they would drive to Odessa in the late 1940's to watch Permian play on Friday night. We moved to Tulsa and then to Denver before I was old enough to go with them. I was back in Odessa in the 1980's and made it a point to stop at the high school football stadium. It was bigger than many stadiums in the WAC.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jan 2010, 06:47 am »
Jm,

I was born in Kermit (Dad was in the "awl" business) and my parents told me they would drive to Odessa in the late 1940's to watch Permian play on Friday night. We moved to Tulsa and then to Denver before I was old enough to go with them. I was back in Odessa in the 1980's and made it a point to stop at the high school football stadium. It was bigger than many stadiums in the WAC.
I knew you're a babe. 

Bigfish

« Reply #24 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:21 pm »
In the old days Defense was the key to winning a Championship.  I think the only team that played any defense this weekend was the Ravens!  While the NFL has altered their rules over the years to favor the offense, I hated the track meet that the Cardinals vs. Packers Game turned-out to be.  It was really a surprise because all week on the Sirius NFL Channel everyone picked the Pack to win that game because of their great defense.  Sorry Packers Fans but that defense got torched last night just like they did against my Steelers - it was ugly!

I believe the Saints will win big over the Cardinals next weekend!

Ken

jimdgoulding

« Reply #25 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:37 pm »
Don't know what you would base that on, BF, but you might be right.  Dallas and the Jets are playin pretty darn good defense right now.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #26 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:40 pm »
NFC - Both wildcards out.
AFC - Both wildcards advance.

Does this say anything about a difference between conferences? Will either AFC wildcard advance beyond next weekend?

jackman

« Reply #27 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:01 pm »
NFC - Both wildcards out.
AFC - Both wildcards advance.

Does this say anything about a difference between conferences? Will either AFC wildcard advance beyond next weekend?

I'm not sure I would read too much into this.  The Pack should have won that game yesterday but the Cards are a tough team (on offense).  The Bungles looked bad along with the Giants and Pats.  Interestingly, the best looking teams IMO are the Cowboys, Chargers and the Ravens (the d looks pretty good).  Can't wait to see how the Vikings, Saints and Colts perform. The last three looked unbeatable not too long ago but I'm predicting at least one will be gone after next week.  This is going to be a fun playoff season (although less fun for me because I was pulling for the Pack).

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #28 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:52 pm »
Not too much of a stretch to predict that the either the Vikings, Saints or Colts will get beat, all limped to the end of the regular season.  Personally, I hope it's the Colts.  I would like to see Bree's and Brett continue on.