They play football in Arizona?

jimdgoulding

They play football in Arizona?
« on: 10 Jan 2010, 10:21 pm »
My second favorite team in the NFL.  I was amazed at what they did to Carolina in the playoffs last year.  Amazed what they are doing right now.  They laid out against Green Bay last week and GB has been so strong in the last few weeks.  Aaron Rodgers has been burnin up the field.  Kurt Warner is one old smart and cool cookie.  Got good coaches and a team around him.  It's still early but Arizona is runnin away with it.  Wanted to see GB match up with Minn again but that would require the Cowboys to lose (uh, no, don't want that) and GB to win today.  They got their hands full right now.  I love Arizona- think they are a class act- so I'z happy.  Rodgers just completed a beauty!  It IS early.

Bigfish

Re: They play football in Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2010, 10:55 pm »
Sorry Green Bay fans but this looks just like the playoffs last year.  The Cardinals are going to be a tough out!

Ken

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:33 pm »
Un-friggin-believeable!!!!!!!!  All the games have been blow outs.
I've been waiting all week for this game and I can't count all the words I've held back.  I hope I don't break something tonight.  :icon_lol:  just kidding.

I felt the Cards held something back last week.  Looks like the Packers bit and are taking it hard today. 

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:09 am »
You now have your ball game Rich,, enjoy it!  :thumb:

38-31 Arizona with most of the 4th quarter left.  :bounce:

TomS

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:17 am »
Finally, a real game to watch...  Good on ya pack

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:18 am »
Un-friggin-believeable!!!!!!!!  All the games have been blow outs.
I've been waiting all week for this game and I can't count all the words I've held back.  I hope I don't break something tonight.  :icon_lol:  just kidding.

I felt the Cards held something back last week.  Looks like the Packers bit and are taking it hard today. 

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hold your horses, Max, Arizona's defense is porous as all get out and they can't rush the passer.

MaxCast

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:20 am »
0-0 Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:45 am »
He who scores last will win this game!!!

45-45  :green:  1:52 left  8)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:47 am »
Kinda like pro basketball.... you only have to follow the last 2 minutes!

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:54 am »
Kinda like pro basketball.... you only have to follow the last 2 minutes!

I thought football was a religion down there in Texas, how dare you compare it to basketball.  :lol:

S Clark

« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:56 am »
I'm in West Texas, kinda like West Virginia.  We're a bit different out here.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:05 am »
Wow Wow Wow!!!!!  What a great game!

I thought it was going to be another snooze-fest like all of the other games this weekend but, wow!

Let's Go Saints!

Have fun,
Jerry

jimdgoulding

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:13 am »
Warner had a QB rating on the moon but it was Rodgers that impressed me more.  Tough break, Max, I thought the Pack had it in the sack in the end.  Arizona hadn't rushed the passer all day and on the final play sent a fifth guy.

Football IS a religion in Texas, Robin.  Clark, didn't Abilene win state this year?  Anybody ever hear of Odessa Permian?  West Texas teams, both.  I dunno what the professor is talkin about.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:20 am »
The only thing I could think of when Rodgers turned that damn ball over was "I bet Favre wouldn't have chocked!". Then I got to thinking about him playing Dallas next weekend and I suddenly said "Favre never would have even got that game to a tie!!!"  :icon_lol:

Congrates Arizona fans. (we got any here?) Definitely 1 of the best playoff games I've ever watched. New Orleans will have all they can handle next weekend.  :o

Cheers,
Robin

S Clark

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:33 am »
Warner had a QB rating on the moon but it was Rodgers that impressed me more.  Tough break, Max, I thought the Pack had it in the sack in the end.  Arizona hadn't rushed the passer all day and on the final play sent a fifth guy.

Football IS a religion in Texas, Robin.  Clark, didn't Abilene win state this year?  Anybody ever hear of Odessa Permian?  West Texas teams, both.  I dunno what the professor is talkin about.
Can't slip anything past you, Jim.  Yep, the soaring Abilene High Eagles are the State Champs (and being touted as the best high school team in the nation).  It's just that we actually have Football and Basketball out here as our two sports, whereas most of Texas just has Football and Spring Training as the only offerings.  However, there is really never any doubt which is numero uno.  I actually worked in pretty large school outside of Austin years ago where the voters got in a tif because the budget for athletic tape exceeded that for all academics excluding science (sad, but true store).  Most of the voters wondered why we were wasting money on academic  books that the students would only lose anyway.  :stupid:

twitch54

« Reply #15 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:27 am »
As all of you have said so far.......WOW !!   what a game !  that score ...was it football or basketball ??

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #16 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:04 am »
As all of you have said so far.......WOW !!   what a game !  that score ...was it football or basketball ??

C'mon now; players can't kick for points in the NBA.  :lol:

It was Football in all its grandeur.  The highest scoring playoff game ever; with 13 touchdowns, 62 first downs, and 1,024 yards of offense. All are NFL records.

Offense wasn't everything, though. The winning play alone was a 16 yard defensive touchdown.

I doubt either coach is very happy, but it sure was fun to watch. :thumb:

Have fun,
Jerry

MaxCast

« Reply #17 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:31 am »
 :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:finger:   dude

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:50 am »
All I can think of is, no matter how the Vikes do, no 3rd meeting between them & GB in the playoffs.  That's a shame.  To all you Fudgies, your boys played a damned good game and finished the season strong.  They definitely have a lot to build on next year.  Aaron Rogers is the real deal! :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #19 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:54 am »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,,, he said Fudgies.  :rotflmao:

Sorry Rich but that terminology simply kills me.  aa