So Nadal is going pretty good so far

Mr Content

So Nadal is going pretty good so far
« on: 29 May 2009, 02:31 pm »
Well I have been enjoying the first 3 days of the French open, and it seems Nadal is setting his sights on another title.  :thumb:

Mr C :D

rydenfan

Re: So Nadal is going pretty good so far
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2009, 02:31 pm »
CYA Nadal!! First loss ever at the French. Come on Roger  :thumb:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2009, 02:45 pm »
I still think Nadal will beat Roger in the French Open finals just like I think Kobe will outdo LeBron in the NBA finals. OOPS!!  :lol: :green: :thumb:

Gene

rydenfan

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2009, 03:24 pm »
I still think Nadal will beat Roger in the French Open finals just like I think Kobe will outdo LeBron in the NBA finals. OOPS!!  :lol: :green: :thumb:

Gene

What do you mean? Nadal is gone; he lost yesterday. First ever loss at the French

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 1 Jun 2009, 06:17 pm »
 :D did you see him storm off the court,?? i never watched any later tv for follow-up interviews. is he a bad sport,or what.??  :scratch: :D

prokennex

« Reply #5 on: 1 Jun 2009, 10:04 pm »
Nadal is one of the best sportsman in tennis. Never makes excuses for his losses and gives credit to his opponets. I never once heard Nadal say anything negative about his opponents and not to many pro tennis players can say that, not even Federer.

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jun 2009, 11:53 pm »
Go Nadal...I mean FedX.  :lol:

2bigears

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2009, 12:25 am »
 :D we all have bad days,maybe he wanted to spend more time with the french ladies.they are naked 30% of the time.that's a stat a guy can like :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2009, 02:00 am »
Azarenka rocks!  She's the lass that was rippin in Australia then came up against Serena in the Open and got sick on the court.  Dehydrated or somethin.  She was staggering around before the officials took her off the court.  She just shut down defending champ Ivanovic in straight sets today at the French.  She's got a major challenge ahead of her tomorrow . . Safina.

mjosef

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2009, 02:55 am »
Indeed she does, Victoria is my pick of the new talent on the women side. Plus she has a smooth gait.  aa
Safina is in for a good fight, the #1 better bring her A+ game or she might be checking out early.

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jun 2009, 09:33 am »
Hi,

Okay so who beat Nadal?

Who is the aussie girl that you are talking about?

Thanks

Rod

Mr Content

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jun 2009, 10:31 am »
Rocket, Soderling beat Nadal in 4 Not sure who the girl is. But it seems Soderling had Nadal's measure on the day. Seems to open up Rogers chances of his first French open.

Mr C aa

Rocket

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jun 2009, 12:00 pm »
Hi,

I think it was Samantha Stosur who is thru the quarter finals.

Regards

Rod

Mr Content

Re: So Nadal is out!
« Reply #13 on: 2 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm »
Ah Yes Rocket, I seem to remember that now :thumb:

Mr C aa

jimdgoulding

« Reply #14 on: 2 Jun 2009, 05:23 pm »
5'3" Slovakian Cibulkova has made mincemeat of 6'1" Sharapova.  6 love and 6-2.  She's a runner and a puncher.  Pova is not much of a runner and littlebit was getting almost everything back with pace.  The announcers couldn't believe what they were seeing.  Safina prevailed after losing the first set.  Azarenka was pissed at herself for letting it get away.  She's a contender, tho.  Chilean Gonzales, himself a puncher, disposed of Murray in four.  And Roddick (on clay) was embarassed by Monfils in straight sets.  Kusnetsova (the Pug) vs. Serena later today.  Kus has got the weapons and has been playing very well up to the French but Serena is Serena.  Might be a close match.  And that Swede that whupped Nadal had no problem in his next match with Davedenko.  He's on a tear.     

(lil footnote) Azarenka has the skills already to beat anybody.  The speed, the physique, and the hitting.  She just needs some mental toughness.  Her disappointment began to manifest itself as Safina climbed back into it in the second set.  She's only 19.  But, man, how she can play!
« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2009, 09:00 pm by jimdgoulding »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #15 on: 6 Jun 2009, 12:32 am »
Only a few comments here.  Is the French getting watched?  If you get a chance to see a replay of Gonzales vs. Soderling (it may be live on the west coast as I write this) you'll see a semi-final 15 round slugfest down to the final bell.  A lot of skill and will on display in THIS match. 

mjosef

« Reply #16 on: 6 Jun 2009, 01:10 am »
Tennis coverage sucks in the US...NBC and ESPN need to get a clue.
And unfortunately my cable provider does not provide The Tennis channel.
 :roll:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #17 on: 6 Jun 2009, 07:09 am »
Tennis coverage sucks in the US...NBC and ESPN need to get a clue.
And unfortunately my cable provider does not provide The Tennis channel.
 :roll:
Bummer, dude.

mjosef

« Reply #18 on: 8 Jun 2009, 03:50 am »
TMF has his 14...I am rooting for his 15 at Wimbledon.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #19 on: 10 Jun 2009, 04:41 am »
TMF has his 14...I am rooting for his 15 at Wimbledon.
Me, too.  Wouldn't mind seeing Soderling in the quarters or something against Nadal again.  And I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see Azarenka.  But, I think we will.