"SHOCKING" A-Rod linked to failed steroid test in 2003

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Just saw this on ESPN:

According to a report by Sports Illustrated, Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, when he was with the Texas Rangers and won the AL home run title and MVP award.

According to the report, which was posted Saturday morning on SI.com, sources told the publication that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive that year, when Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed.

Sources who know about the testing results told Sports Illustrated that Rodriguez tested positive for testosterone and Primobolan, an anabolic steroid.

This is going to get ugly real fast!!

George

TheChairGuy

Re: "SHOCKING" A-Rod linked to failed steroid test in 2003
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:26 pm »
No surprise at all, really.  Just a sad affair....anyone STILL think Barry Bonds didn't juice all those years?

John

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:28 pm »
I assume you meant "SHOCKING" to be ironic.  Everyone knows most of 'em are dopers and MLP has a toothless screening system.  The last two decades stats need an asterisk by them.

soundbitten1

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:41 pm »
You can now say that he has truly earned his nickname ... " A-Fraud " .

rydenfan

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:45 pm »
To be honest, I am pretty surprised about this report. I had always heard (have a friend who plays pro ball) that A-ROD was clean and is a very hard working athlete. Too bad  :(

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:46 pm »
Frankly I see nothing shocking about it at all,,,, it's just more A-Rod being A-Fraud and it puts into percepective the records he accomplished in 2003 with Texas,, AL MVP, AL home run leader, league leader in both runs and slugging percentage,,, and all done while using steriods. :nono:

Just another worm in the Big Apple. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:50 pm »
Frankly I see nothing shocking about it at all,,,, it's just more A-Rod being A-Fraud and it puts into percepective the records he accomplished in 2003 with Texas,, AL MVP, AL home run leader, league leader in both runs and slugging percentage,,, and all done while using steriods. :nono:

Cheers,
Robin

It's not really shocking...that's why shocking was in quotes.   :duh:

George

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 7 Feb 2009, 11:59 pm »

Cheers,
Robin

It's not really shocking...that's why shocking was in quotes.   :duh:

George

What I do find "shocking" is that it's you George who's bringing the subject up. I was going to but I thought I'd cut you a break. :D

Cheers,
Robin

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2009, 12:22 am »
No surprise at all, really.  Just a sad affair....anyone STILL think Barry Bonds didn't juice all those years?

John
Don't think so, John.  "Just another worm in the Big Apple"?  Dang, Robin, Truman Capote couldn't have said it better.   

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2009, 12:24 am »

John
Don't think so, John.  "Just another worm in the Big Apple"?  Dang, Robin, Truman Capote couldn't have said it better.   

:lol:

Bigfish

« Reply #10 on: 8 Feb 2009, 12:34 am »
I just think it is really sad situation!  Some pro sports athletes probably don't cheat by taking steroids but all to often you read about the them having done what A-Rod is accused of doing.  While Pro Football is far from perfect the league has taken a very active stance of testing the players for drug use and is quick to hand down punishment.  Believe what you desire but the only real way to curb drug use by the pros is to cut off their income if caught.  A recent example is with Michael Phelps this week.  Kellog's cut their sponsorship due to the picture of him smoking a gonga bong!  Good for Kellog's!

Ken

maxwalrath

« Reply #11 on: 8 Feb 2009, 12:57 am »
The only thing surprising to me is that Bud Selig still has a job. 

Bigfish

« Reply #12 on: 8 Feb 2009, 01:06 am »
The only thing surprising to me is that Bud Selig still has a job. 

Excellent Point!

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 8 Feb 2009, 01:08 am »
What I do find "shocking" is that it's you George who's bringing the subject up. I was going to but I thought I'd cut you a break. :D

Cheers,
Robin

Nothing shocking there.  

I think I have proven time and time again that I am not just a mindless Yankee fan - I am a very passionate baseball fan, as well as being a Yankee fan.

I would have no issues with you bringing it up due to it being a fact.

Of course, I can't say that your little snipe at NY and the Yankees is appreciated, but I don't expect anything less from you.   :wink:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 8 Feb 2009, 01:32 am »

Cheers,
Robin

Nothing shocking there.  

I think I have proven time and time again that I am not just a mindless Yankee fan - I am a very passionate baseball fan, as well as being a Yankee fan.

I would have no issues with you bringing it up due to it being a fact.

Of course, I can't say that your little snipe at NY and the Yankees is appreciated, but I don't expect anything less from you.   :wink:

Nope,,,if anything you can expect more from me, but hey, the season hasn't even started yet. Wink2

Cheers,
Robin

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 8 Feb 2009, 02:24 am »
Thanks to the deaths of players from the 80's steroid heyday the NFL got really tough a lot earlier than the other sports; you could say they got too tough, IMOHO.

bummrush

« Reply #16 on: 8 Feb 2009, 03:25 am »
Man isn't that the truth can u say john Matusak

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #17 on: 8 Feb 2009, 05:56 am »

Cheers,
Robin

Nothing shocking there.  

I think I have proven time and time again that I am not just a mindless Yankee fan -

WAIT A MINUTE!  How can somebody be a Yankees fan and NOT be mindless??
 :icon_twisted:

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 8 Feb 2009, 01:18 pm »

Cheers,
Robin

Nothing shocking there.  

I think I have proven time and time again that I am not just a mindless Yankee fan -

WAIT A MINUTE!  How can somebody be a Yankees fan and NOT be mindless??
 :icon_twisted:

And I thought Robin would be the first to jump all over that Jamie Moyer fastball (with no movement down the middle of the plate) that I threw out there... :lol:

jermmd

« Reply #19 on: 8 Feb 2009, 01:59 pm »
Here's a little hint: anyone who looks like they've been hooked up to an air compressor and over-inflated is likely using steroids. I've been saying for years that ARod did not have a natural physique and has been using steroids. In fact I've said it on these very forums. I'm more shocked that anyone who has seen him play is surprised by these allegations. I'm so cynical that I believe that everyone performing at the highest level of professional sports is juicing. The slight edge it gives people is the difference between being good and being great. That could mean the difference between making millions or setting records or getting respect. The temptation is too great.