AVP32 - what specs do users want!

sac8d4

Re: AVP32 - what specs do users want!
« Reply #80 on: 5 Nov 2009, 12:44 am »
any idea of pricing?

Modwright seems to do some rather substantial mods such as
Upgrade of stock power supplies.
Installation of Master Clock with Bursen Clock!
Installation of proprietary, dedicated analog power supply of our design.
Upgrade of a total of NINE (9) analog channels with our discrete FET-based circuit. Includes Stereo outs and all Multi-Channel outs, except sub out.
Shielding and damping mods to chassis and stock supplies.

Jason, Care to comment how much different the SE version maybe be vs the standard version and the modders like Dan?
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2009, 02:10 am by sac8d4 »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #81 on: 5 Nov 2009, 02:50 am »
Hi,
The new Oppo SE version will have a completely different DAC.   Unless other modification are going to replace the DAC, they are not likely to achieve the performance of the Oppo SE due to the new DAC from ESS (the Sabre DAC), 2 of them will be used in the SE, 1 for dedicated 2-channel, and the other 8-channel for movies.

Nuforce Edition rides on the better SE platform to offer significant and all-out performance enhancement by installing better parts and optimized important circuit that Oppo deemed "too extreme".

Casey,
So when you say "NuForce rides on the better SE platform" are you saying that Oppo Digital will have an SE, and that NuForce will improve upon it?  When first leaked it was thought that the NuForce WAS the SE.  Thx

Edit:  Nevermind, Oppo has mentioned the SE in a response on AVS.
Here is OPPO's response to (posters) inquiry.

"Unfortunately at this time we are not yet divulging any information about the player, including its price or its release date. We would recommend checking our website in the next week or two for information related to the BDP-83 SE.

The main enhancement of this player is a highly optimized analog audio section which takes full advantage of the ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
« Last Edit: 5 Nov 2009, 04:18 am by ted_b »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #82 on: 5 Nov 2009, 09:29 am »
Oops. We were involved in the development and that's all I can say.  I am preparing the product page information and will make an announcement as soon as I can coordinate with OPPO.
The SE is not really a mod but a high-end version. No matter how you mod an existing board, it won't sound better than a better design. We should be able to ship in 2 weeks so just hold on for a little longer.

Jason

soloz2

« Reply #83 on: 5 Nov 2009, 11:35 am »
Interesting, I've had a BDP-83 since day one.  looking forward to news for a better one!

plivac

« Reply #84 on: 13 Nov 2009, 09:50 pm »
OPPO is why AVP 32...... is a remote reality... or so it appears.... still it would be a shame....

STEF

« Reply #85 on: 17 Nov 2009, 08:56 am »
Why not thinking about an A/V receiver : the combination of AVP32 + MCH product ?  :green:

plivac

« Reply #86 on: 5 Jan 2010, 08:42 pm »
So... I have thrown in the towel and am replacing the AVP 17 with something more versatile considering the amount of inputs I have - and am thinking of getting the Anthem D2V - any views/comments on compatibility with the MCH or personal experiences?