Adapt Rectangle Installation Tip

hanguy

Adapt Rectangle Installation Tip
« on: 18 Feb 2007, 07:24 am »
I have learned a little tip for installation of Adapt Rectangles in a horizontal manner, ie at the top of the room, the ceiling and front/side wall junctions.

As most of us have known, the adapts are most effective when there is a uniform space between the edge of the treatments and the wall. The horizontal placement of the rectangles are especially challenging due to the weight of panel makes it easy to sag down and the lower edge would be touching the wall. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of the treatment.

Lately, I thought the sound of my system took a turn for the worse and figured out that all my rectangles have sagged and all the lower edges were touching the wall. Borrowing the idea from the triangles, I bought some plastic bumpers and placed them at the lower edge of the rectangles, between the wall and the treatment. BAM! Everything got better, imaging, bass, details have all improved. This also helped to make sure that the space is uniform all across the length of the rectangle.

Hope this little tip helps you to get the most out of your investment. I sure did!!

Mike

8thnerve

Re: Adapt Rectangle Installation Tip
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:37 pm »
Yeah, I've done that too.  I guess the next run of the installation instructions should add this detail and I'll include two of those bumpers with the mounting kit...

Thanks for bringing that up!  It definitely makes a difference, all of the spaces should be uniform!

Best Regards,

Nathan Loyer
Eighth Nerve