Beck/morning phase

vinylfreeze

Beck/morning phase
« on: 12 Apr 2015, 10:07 pm »
Preparing to reignite my system with vinyl :flame:...way overdue :nono:
anyway looking for opinions about what copy of morning phase I should be purchasing :scratch:
My cd sounds so amazing I can't wait to hear this brilliant album on vinyl  :violin:

orthobiz

Re: Beck/morning phase
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2015, 02:07 am »
Are there multiple vinyl versions? I thought only one...

Paul

roscoeiii

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2015, 02:20 am »

Paul

+1. Me too. There may have been a 2nd pressing but all done at Pallas, which is a great thing. Learn the names Pallas, QRP and RTI. Three of the best spots pressing vinyl these days.

VinBob

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2015, 02:18 am »

Paul

Only aware of one version myself, but a great choice - when I first heard the preview of the album on iTunes, I said to my wife I just heard what should be album of the year...and sure enough!!! ;-) Also, check out Steven Wilson material on vinyl - very cool prog rock!!!

Cheers,
Vin.

vinylfreeze

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2015, 07:54 pm »
+1. Me too. There may have been a 2nd pressing but all done at Pallas, which is a great thing. Learn the names Pallas, QRP and RTI. Three of the best spots pressing vinyl these days.

Guess I "assumed" :duh: there would be multiple versions?
Thanks for the info. that's why I asked the question here, so much shared knowledge :D
I will "learn the names"!

roscoeiii

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2015, 08:04 pm »
In general, Discogs is a great resource about what is out there. Best forum for opinions on pressings is Steve Hoffman Forum.

Another skill that will serve you well on jazz in particular is being able to spot a Scorpio pressing. To be avoided!

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2015, 08:43 pm »
In general, Discogs is a great resource about what is out there.
I love Discogs, but my wallet hates them! So much precious vinyl to drool over and add to your cart. I have had excellent experience with the vendors, just use the ratings to your advantage. Never do a drunk browse on discogs, I'm bad enough sober and will not go there while drinking.  :nono:

TenBeers

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2015, 01:54 pm »
I just received my copy of Morning Phase a couple of days ago and it sounds great!