component video suggestions?

vpolineni

« on: 5 Feb 2004, 05:39 am »
can anyone suggest a good pair of component video cables to buy?  I don't mind buying used... but I'm looking for some excellent performers... don't want to spend too much... I just bought a rca 36" tv barely used for 300 bucks!  thanks.

earlmarc

« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2004, 02:46 pm »
Cobalt Cables Ultimate Component Video Cables. Excellent quality cables with superb performance.

Carlman

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2004, 05:12 pm »
For good and cheap, I'd suggest DIY.  There are many good recipes out there.  If you want completed cables, search through the manufacturer's who have circles here.... should be a few to pick from...  They're all good at their respective price points.

Brad

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2004, 05:35 pm »
BlueJean cables had some good cheap component cables.
I recommended them to a friend and he's happy with them.

I use the Zu component cable, which you can sometimes find a good deal on.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: component video suggestions?
« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2004, 06:32 am »
Quote from: vpolineni
can anyone suggest a good pair of component video cables to buy?  I don't mind buying used... but I'm looking for some excellent performers... don't want to spend too much... I just bought a rca 36" tv barely used for 300 bucks!  thanks.
              Vasu, take a look at www.rivercable.com for quality cables at excellent prices that inc/shipping with a 30 day MBG. I found this company (which happens to be a hour's drive) from a recent review at www.stereotimes.com on their speaker & subwoofer cables. I'm giving the subwoofer cable a shot myself, a 3m cable for <$60. :D Regards, Robin

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2004, 07:12 am »
Quote from: Brad
I use the Zu component cable, which you can sometimes find a good deal on.

Well, I'm going to second Brad's rec' on the Zu Megular. A damn nice cable that's not too spendy. Zu regularly runs eBay auctions and you can get a 1m/1.5m/2m cable (depending on what they're currently auctioning) for a bit less than what it'd cost to just buy it from them as they do the eBay auctions as promotions.

wreilly

« Reply #6 on: 7 Feb 2004, 10:41 am »
Quote from: earlmarc
Cobalt Cables Ultimate Component Video Cables. Excellent quality cables with superb performance.

I can second this, I have 3 sets and am very pleased with them.

vpolineni

« Reply #7 on: 7 Feb 2004, 02:40 pm »
damn... it looks like i have 4 choices of cables to choose from all at about the same price point... I'll look into this. thanks guys.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2004, 08:09 am »
Vasu, I know that this idea is out of your intended price range for component cables but because I know you like Bybee's, I'll mention it. BYBEE's,,, there, I mentioned it. :lol: Stunning clarity is realized with their use on a video signal no matter what cable is utilized. I use Bybee's on my component and my s-video cable, wouldn't watch tv without them. :D My only wish was that I had had them installed in the cables instead of having to use adapters. $477 for 3 Bybee inlines at Cryotweaks. :o Just thought I'd mention it. :D Regards, Robin

lcrim

« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2004, 02:01 pm »
For reasonable prices, I agree w/ the earlier rec by Brad, http://bluejeanscable.com/
I don't know how they can do it for the price which is about a third of elsewhere.
For price no object, Nordost Optix, but be prepared to have your breath taken away.
$475 worth of Bybees on a $300 TV- :D

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #10 on: 8 Feb 2004, 05:35 pm »
Quote from: lcrim

$475 worth of Bybees on a $300 TV- :D
                                   It was $478 worth of Bybee's,,,, and if it'll make a $300 tv's picture look as good as a $2500 tv w/o Bybee's,,,,? There's ALWAYS two ways of looking at things. :D Regards, Robin

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #11 on: 8 Feb 2004, 05:47 pm »
Quote from: Brad
BlueJean cables had some good cheap component cables.

^^

Top materials for the price.  Great customer service.

ton1313

« Reply #12 on: 8 Feb 2004, 08:22 pm »
Zu Megular..

Best I have tried, very happy with it.