RMAF 2015 - Tyson & Pez's Coverage - Our Last Hurrah, Peace Out

EdRo

• Industry Participant
I can't wait to meet you guys!  I happen to be bringing a set of Nimbus with me for the after hours Brazilian-bubble dance/supermodel party. GO VAPOR!!!

vinyl_lady

Looking forward to seeing both of you.

Best,

Laura

Early B.

You guys should check out the dc10 / Natural Sound USA rooms. My cables and modded SurgeX will be used with Audio Techne amps, MSB DACs, Artisan Fidelity TTS, and more...

Agreed. Would love to hear what y'all think about this room.

dflee

Pilgrimages don't just stop.
Have enjoyed both of you and your musings.

Don

marflao

Sorry to hear that this will be your last RMAF coverage. Enjoyed it all the last years.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the Kii THREE spreakers from Kii Audio.
Although their presence is mentioned on their webpage (http://kii.audio/en/events.html) I cant´find them listed on the official RMAF page.
So could be that they won´t attend ....but if they do ...yep...would be keen to read your impressions. ;-)

All the best,
M.

Rusty Jefferson

Guys can you try to hit room 8020, the Sonore Rendu room?  Jesus, Barrows and team are AC vendors, and this is their first RMAF.  I mean, no one is more loyal to Dan (Wright) than I am, a charter customer from the first days of Modwright, but 3 rooms out of 10?  :)

I couldn't agree more, about both companies.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Hi Tyson & Pez,

I'd like to kindly request & would sincerely appreciate it if you could visit fellow AC Site Sponsor Tortuga Audio in RMAF Room 1013 along with Volti Audio as well as BorderPatrol Audio Electronics.

We (Triode Wire Labs) will also be in Room 1102 with Volti Audio and BorderPatrol Audio Electronics.

Thanks for your dedicated efforts & hard work covering RMAF in the past years! We appreciate it!

Cheers,
Pete

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Pez, Tyson,
Sad to hear of the end of an era. Have always enjoyed your outstanding reporting & banter. Have fun, looking forward to this year's coverage, and enjoy your stint as Free Radicals. They almost always end up bonded somewhere down the road. Keep dispensing the truth for all to see/hear.  :thumb:

Cacophonix

I've enjoyed you show reports a great deal. Sorry to see that this will be your last.

Please do report back about the JTR speaker room. I've read here that they plan on having a multi channel set up ....

ragnar01

Sorry to hear that this will be the last hurrah - make sure you go out in style!

Requesting a listen in Rm 514 - Madisound Room showing off the Linkwitz LXmini and the LX521.

ragnar

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Hi guys!
Looking forward to your coverage – the best on the planet!!
Glad to see you are hitting the Vinnie Rossi room. I am looking forward to reading your impressions of his new VR120 (power amp) and how the sound compares to his LIO.
Good luck, stay sober (at least while typing), and have fun!

Well, probably won't drink booze but will definitely be jacked up on caffeine!!

The end of an era!  I have enjoyed your reports for quite a while.  You guys will be missed.

Thanks Woodsea!  We'll probably still hit RMAF next year, just no more coverage.

You guys should check out the dc10 / Natural Sound USA rooms. My cables and modded SurgeX will be used with Audio Techne amps, MSB DACs, Artisan Fidelity TTS, and more...

http://www.naturalsoundusa.com/

Room 586 will feature the Berlin R speaker, which IMO is unique enough to warrant a listen, and one of the big rooms at the Hyatt will feature dc10's flagship Gottenburg Odin speakers and Audio Techne's new monoblock amps. Definitely worth a walk down, G. Odin features the 31.5" Fostex woofer with a horn loaded Lowther and Alnico tweeter.

Also, my SurgeX will be cleaning up the power for room 2024... Vapor, Lampi, Verastarr and Resolution Acoustics. < I see they are on the list already, nice!

Hope to see you guys there.  :thumb:

You meet our 3 criteria, so room added!

We will have Abbado Conducts Mahler - Lucerne Festival, Mahler:  Symphonies 1-7 on Blu-ray vailable in room 2016. If you let me know which portion of Symphony 6 you are playing, I can set a virtual clip of it in JRiver and you can hear a different version if you want - after your regular "setlist".
p://images2.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/22655_large.jpg[/img]

I actually have that set at home - amazing performances and recordings.  I wish we could do hirez more easily but it's just a PITA to get it on a thumb drive and uploaded.  Plus a lot of vendors don't have a music server, or even worse, they do but the people in the room don't know how to use it or do anything other than select tracks to play that are already on their playlist.  So we just use a single disc of standard rez with 5 one minute excerpts to keep the playing field level.  BUT, having said that, I'm definitely gonna want to hear the Abbado on your system  :D

I'm sorry to read that this is your last hurrah as it's always so entertaining.
Hit a few planar speaker rooms, please. 

We will do our best.

You guys might want to duplicate your DEMO CDs content on a flash drive if you have not already done so.
Have fun, I have enjoyed your coverage of past RMAF shows.
Scotty

We do, every year.  But no one ever wants to plug it in and half the time they don't know how to upload new tracks to their music server  :(

Geez, next thing we know RMAF will not even exist.  Between all the companies not going and now this.   :duh:

2 channel might be dying off (it is), but high end audio is still alive and kicking in the headphone and PC arena.  Canjam is taking over RMAF!

Tyson and Pez -  I really appreciate all of the time and effort that you boys put into this gig. Your style.  Your expedient updates.  It's been a joy!  This year, I'm going to give my hand at trying something similar via: video, but at the end of the day I know my efforts won't come close to matching the masters.  :)

Thanks again.  I look forward to this years show! :D

Then you are insane, welcome to the club!  Haha :)  Have you downloaded the vendor spreadsheet from the RMAF website?  I find it helps immensely to thoroughly go through the entire list, highlight the rooms you are interested in, then sort it by area (Tower, Mezzanine, etc..) then by floor (start at the top of the towers and work your way down for least foot traffic).  Video.  Damn.  You da man!

I'm excited that you're both coming back this year, I was thinking last year was the final hurrah.  As a manufacturer who often gets passed over by the bigger name reviewers, your coverage provides serious value and goes a long way to helping justify our time and expense.  I sincerely thank you! 

name reviewers, your coverage provides serious value and goes a long way to helping justify our time and expense.  I sincerely thank you! 

Keep in mind we'll have wine, beer, and food in our room since it has a kitchenette.  Plan your visit for when refreshments would be most appreciated  :)

Hi Ryan!  Yep, last year was gonna be our final year but I got the flu and missed the whole damn show, except for Friday.  So we're doing it one last time, in order to do it right.  I was just texting with Pez and he said something that I strongly agree with - "Every year the only 3 consistently compelling and emotionally engaging rooms are TAD, Vapor, and Odyssey".  We'll definitely be by this year.

HAYWARD, CA | September 24, 2015 – Magico, LLC is pleased to announce the North American debut of the new S7 loudspeaker and the new SSUB at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) in Denver, CO.

We welcome you to join us on Friday, October 2nd (12pm – 7pm) and Saturday, October 3rd (9am – 6pm) in the Presidential Suite at the HYATT Regency Denver Tech Center on 7800 E. Tufts Ave. which is under 10-minutes walking distance from the Denver Marriott Tech Center.       

blah blah blah blah fking blah

Are you freaking kidding me?  This is exactly the type of mainstream crap that we will NEVER EVER hit.  And you violated rule # 1, which I'm sure you didn't even read before spamming our thread with this sh!t.  NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Spatial Audio is supposed to be demoing their new M4 speaker. Open baffle. Two 12"mid/woofers and a compression driver. $1295. Might be interested how they sound in a show environment.

Kevin T

Yep, we've hit Spatial every year for several years now, check out our past reports for our impressions.  I think we'll probably skip them this year since we always found them good but not great and we have a pretty good handle on their sound at this point. 

Guys can you try to hit room 8020, the Sonore Rendu room?  Jesus, Barrows and team are AC vendors, and this is their first RMAF.  I mean, no one is more loyal to Dan (Wright) than I am, a charter customer from the first days of Modwright, but 3 rooms out of 10?  :)

Added them.  Dan just got lucky - we like the other vendors in those rooms and he's just tagging along for the ride :P

Pez and Tyson,

I'm looking forward to your coverage as always.  Good choice of rooms imho.  I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the hallways.

Good luck!

Scott

Thanks Scott.  Are you hitting Shanahan's with us this year?  Would love to hang a bit outside of the show.

You guys are heroes. Journalism in the trenches.  :thumb:

Too bad Hawthorne Audio isn't attending RMAF 2015.

Thanks!  Although I won't consider myself a hero until I'm put in bodily harm's way doing this.  If amps started randomly exploding or speakers started firing projectiles at the sweet spot, now we're talkin'!

I can't wait to meet you guys!  I happen to be bringing a set of Nimbus with me for the after hours Brazilian-bubble dance/supermodel party. GO VAPOR!!!

Brazillian-bubble dance with supermodels?  I think we now know which room is gonna get best in show from us  :wink: :icon_twisted: :lol:

Best,
Laura

Agreed - seeing and talking with you (and a very few other people) is pretty much the highlight of the show for us.

Pilgrimages don't just stop.
Have enjoyed both of you and your musings.

Don

This year is our 'mic drop'.

Sorry to hear that this will be your last RMAF coverage. Enjoyed it all the last years.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the Kii THREE spreakers from Kii Audio.
Although their presence is mentioned on their webpage (http://kii.audio/en/events.html) I cant´find them listed on the official RMAF page.
So could be that they won´t attend ....but if they do ...yep...would be keen to read your impressions. ;-)

All the best,
M.

If we see them we'll try to hit them, but honestly that's just gonna be dumb luck/random chance.  Vendors need to put themselves on the list if they want people to know how to find them. 

Hi Tyson & Pez,
I'd like to kindly request & would sincerely appreciate it if you could visit fellow AC Site Sponsor Tortuga Audio in RMAF Room 1013 along with Volti Audio as well as BorderPatrol Audio Electronics.
We (Triode Wire Labs) will also be in Room 1102 with Volti Audio and BorderPatrol Audio Electronics.
Thanks for your dedicated efforts & hard work covering RMAF in the past years! We appreciate it!

Cheers,
Pete

Hi Pete.  I think we'll skip the Volti room this year.  We like supporting AC vendors, but we've hit Volti for a few years now and we've decided we just don't like the sound of those speakers.  They do amazing things but just not for us.

Pez, Tyson,
Sad to hear of the end of an era. Have always enjoyed your outstanding reporting & banter. Have fun, looking forward to this year's coverage, and enjoy your stint as Free Radicals. They almost always end up bonded somewhere down the road. Keep dispensing the truth for all to see/hear.  :thumb:

Thanks!  Part of the truth that feeds into our calling it quits is that the vast, vast majority of rooms are mediocre or maybe even high average, but there's truly very few outstanding rooms.  And there's even fewer that are outstanding year after year.  Some will be great one year, then fade back to mediocre other years.  That makes it hard to keep up enthusiasm for doing coverage.  And believe me, the coverage is a lot of hard work.  I will probably hit RMAF next year, but just to relax and have fun. 

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com

You meet our 3 criteria, so room added!

Cool, don't forget to add the trip to the Hyatt to check out the Gottenburg Odin speakers as well. I'm not sure the name of the room but there's only a few.

Off topic...On Saturday, a friend is going to deliver Pioneer S-1EX speakers to my home, I'm super psyched. The closest to TAD I will come without making a ton more money, they are basically the same speaker as the TAD Evo towers, the woofers have smaller motors but the magic mid/tweeter driver is the same. Odyssey Stratos for an amp, and my own Tortuga>Aikido tube buffer preamp will be used with them.

Tomy2Tone

Are you freaking kidding me?  This is exactly the type of mainstream crap that we will NEVER EVER hit.  And you violated rule # 1, which I'm sure you didn't even read before spamming our thread with this sh!t.  NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

:lol:

I was wondering when you were going to respond to the Magico post...

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Come to the Alclair booth my friends  :thumb:

Please!!!!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Well, probably won't drink booze but will definitely be jacked up on caffeine!!

Won't the new unofficial RMAF dispensary offset the caffeine?  8)  and give you greater insight into, um, er..I forget. 

Pez

Best,

Laura

Can't wait to see you Laura!!! I assume you're seeing your family too?

marflao

Kii Three will be at room 537 ;-)

http://www.gttaudio.com/Home.html

vinyl_lady

Can't wait to see you Laura!!! I assume you're seeing your family too?

Looking forward to catching up with you and Tyson and having a drink or too. Yes, I'm going to spend some time with kids and grandkids too. I arrive this afternoon and will be helping Marjorie tomorrow as I have done in the past. Let me check the schedule. I may be able to join you guys at Shannahans. Here are the loves of my life. :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.

jhm731

The S7 doesn't have a 6 inch paper/plastic midrange.

"The cone material is formed of Arkema Multi-Wall carbon nanotube and Nanographene which combined is 20% lighter and 300% stiffer than previous cone material designs."

FYI- I don't work for, own or plan to own Magico speakers.

RIP.