Looking for Turntable Recommendations

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Looking for Turntable Recommendations
« Reply #40 on: 18 Feb 2020, 08:54 pm »
The QL-A7  has the motor of the Victor TT-71.  Not the same beast as the TT-81 or the extra expensive TT-101, but in that same family and an excellent motor.  On HiFi Shark some sold in the $400+ range.  If constant speed is on your list of things of value in a TT, then it should be considered a high value. 

wushuliu

« Reply #41 on: 18 Feb 2020, 09:12 pm »
The QL-A7  has the motor of the Victor TT-71.  Not the same beast as the TT-81 or the extra expensive TT-101, but in that same family and an excellent motor.  On HiFi Shark some sold in the $400+ range.  If constant speed is on your list of things of value in a TT, then it should be considered a high value.

Strange. Only hifishark sold results I found before were overseas. The table is in big demand for German/Dutch buyers that's for sure. Sells for big money there.

Anyhoos, congrats to the OP on the new table!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #42 on: 18 Feb 2020, 09:29 pm »
Yep, any table that spins and provides enjoyment is money well spent.   :thumb:

Mgarcia80

« Reply #43 on: 28 Feb 2020, 09:50 am »
The marantz tt15s1 is a bargain at 1500. You can find them used or refurbished for around 1000

ryandreas

« Reply #44 on: 4 May 2020, 09:55 am »
I purchased the Fluance RT85 and am amazed with this thing. Unfortunately I cannot compare it to other models at this price point but my research led me to this model because of the value you get since it comes with the 2m blue cartridge and an acrylic platter. That's at least $250-$300 in value right there in a unit that costs $500. I'm waiting to break the cartridge in a bit first, but I look forward to experimenting with some cheaper cartridges just for the enjoyment of tinkering with it.