127 Hours

ajzepp

127 Hours
« on: 8 Mar 2011, 03:26 am »
I came on here ready to add my thoughts to the thread on 127 hrs and, much to my surprise, there ISN'T ONE lol. Come on guys, this is a fantastic film!! If you haven't seen it, you really need to rent it. To think that a movie could be so fulfilling just by having some guy get stuck in a cave is really impressive. Danny Boyle is a very, very talented filmmaker and this movie has been in my head since I finished it last night.

Check it out!!

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: 127 Hours
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2011, 05:56 pm »
Saw the trailer..it looks promising, and very intense!

Wait..wait...it is the same guy who worked at spiderman?

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2011, 02:04 am »
Saw the trailer..it looks promising, and very intense!

Wait..wait...it is the same guy who worked at spiderman?

Think so.  I didn't think it was such a great flick (IMO).  Throughout, I didn't notice the guy breaking a sweat, or there was any oily sweat on his face, after say 126 hours :duh:.  He was supposed to be trying his darnedest to get loose all that time.  That's why I didn't feel tense at all.   :evil:The picture must have been shot INSIDE a cool air-conditioned studio, and Franco was taking breaks frequently :lol:.  Somebody's not doing his/her job.  :green:.

ajzepp

« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2011, 03:16 am »
Think so.  I didn't think it was such a great flick (IMO).  Throughout, I didn't notice the guy breaking a sweat, or there was any oily sweat on his face, after say 126 hours :duh:.  He was supposed to be trying his darnedest to get loose all that time.  That's why I didn't feel tense at all.   :evil:The picture must have been shot INSIDE a cool air-conditioned studio, and Franco was taking breaks frequently :lol:.  Somebody's not doing his/her job.  :green:.

:o

I'm tempted to respond to this, but I'll just assume you're being sarcastic lol

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2011, 04:20 am »
I missed this one in the theater unfortunately, but I'm eager to see it on BluRay.

rob-fi

« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2011, 05:49 pm »
My friend is planning to rent this movie. I cant believe this happened on the real life.

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2011, 06:48 pm »
My friend is planning to rent this movie. I cant believe this happened on the real life.

It's a pretty remarkable story, I agree

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm »
:o

I'm tempted to respond to this, but I'll just assume you're being sarcastic lol

Not being sarcastic, just calling it what it is.  In real life, it's just an amazing story of survival.  Boyle wanted to do 2 hours (thereabout) on the guy, struggling, from all camera angles.  That's not easy to keep the viewer focused in the movie theater.  But, for Christ's sake, make it look a little more realsitic.  Franco reallyh didn't have any oil or sweat on his face, well most of the time (in case I dozed off and missed any footage showing that he sweated!).  Shouldn't some director or anyone involved in the production have made sure that it looks realistic?  It's JUST common sense.  :scratch:  :duh: :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2011, 06:16 am »
Not being sarcastic, just calling it what it is.  In real life, it's just an amazing story of survival.  Boyle wanted to do 2 hours (thereabout) on the guy, struggling, from all camera angles.  That's not easy to keep the viewer focused in the movie theater.  But, for Christ's sake, make it look a little more realsitic.  Franco reallyh didn't have any oil or sweat on his face, well most of the time (in case I dozed off and missed any footage showing that he sweated!).  Shouldn't some director or anyone involved in the production have made sure that it looks realistic?  It's JUST common sense.  :scratch:  :duh: :thumb:

Dude, you're missing the fact that he was on the brink of death due to dehydration.  He lived on less than half a liter of water for over four days. He peed a total of two or three times from Saturday through Wednesday, which was likely due to acute renal failure. When your kidneys begin to fail, you diurese...it's not a good thing.  Your body will not sweat when it's in a state of severe dehydration...it hangs on to every bit of fluid possible. On top of that, did you not see when the temperature in the cave dropped into the 40s at night? He had to stick his foot out just to get a small bit of heat from the sun each morning.  So while I'm not sure about your assertion that the cave was air conditioned, it was certainly very cold for many hours out of each day.

So no offense, but what you said was just plain silly  :duh:

tomwhite

« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2011, 10:08 pm »
You must have a strong stomach for the amputation moment.  :o

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2011, 01:12 am »
You must have a strong stomach for the amputation moment.  :o

Gee, thanks for that spoiler. Can you give up the ending too?

ramante

« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2011, 02:38 am »

Gee, thanks for that spoiler. Can you give up the ending too?

Someone's been living in a cave  :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2011, 02:49 am »
Someone's been living in a cave  :lol:

Sometimes I feel that way.  :lol:

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #13 on: 17 Mar 2011, 12:44 am »
Spoiler alert

Something like this happened to a childhood friend of mine. True story.  He was out in the field driving a tractor with a machine that picks corn cobs.  None of his family was home.  For some reason he stopped and was messing around the business end of the cob picker.  The machine consists of two rubber rollers that grab the cobs.  The poor guy's shirtsleeve got caught first, pulling his hand in.  He fought it for a time but at a certain point he knew that it was either his hand or his arm would be pulled in and then what?  So he got out his pen knife...  Afterwards he got back on the tractor and made it home.  As there was nobody there and being thoroughly pumped with adrenaline, he drove himself to the hospital.  In his manual stick shift car.  He was sixteen then.  I can't remember if they were able to retrieve the hand and re-attach it.  I never saw him again...

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #14 on: 18 Mar 2011, 01:33 pm »
Dude, you're missing the fact that he was on the brink of death due to dehydration.  He lived on less than half a liter of water for over four days. He peed a total of two or three times from Saturday through Wednesday, which was likely due to acute renal failure. When your kidneys begin to fail, you diurese...it's not a good thing.  Your body will not sweat when it's in a state of severe dehydration...it hangs on to every bit of fluid possible. On top of that, did you not see when the temperature in the cave dropped into the 40s at night? He had to stick his foot out just to get a small bit of heat from the sun each morning.  So while I'm not sure about your assertion that the cave was air conditioned, it was certainly very cold for many hours out of each day.

So no offense, but what you said was just plain silly  :duh:

Don't want to start a war of words here.  I've exercised, so I know how I would have been.  Case closed.   :green:

jriggy

« Reply #15 on: 18 Mar 2011, 01:50 pm »
Riveting! I loved it...

I met Aaron back in Nov. of '03 at a String Cheese Incident show out in Las Vegas... This was 6 months BEFOR his accident! That small meting there gave me enough of a personal conection to really feel for him and I got completely locked in to the story - even though i already knew all the details... Very well done IMO

ajzepp

« Reply #16 on: 18 Mar 2011, 05:53 pm »
Wow, no kidding? How long after the incident was it until you found out what happened to the guy?

I cannot imagine going through that whole ordeal...this guy is one tough SOB

jriggy

« Reply #17 on: 18 Mar 2011, 06:55 pm »
Wow, no kidding? How long after the incident was it until you found out what happened to the guy?

I cannot imagine going through that whole ordeal...this guy is one tough SOB

I think it was just after, during his hospital stay (maybe a week later or something)... I remember seeing it on the news. He was doing interviews from his hospital bed, with his arm gone and in bandages. He was wearing a String Cheese Incident t-shirt.

A concert audience taper friend of mine was buddies with him.

Jason

stlrman

« Reply #18 on: 4 Apr 2011, 01:16 pm »
INTENSE and Awesome!!!
Danny Boyle , the director is a genius!